Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: prototype: mid-grade MR-Daughter Luxeon CONTROLLER.

Yep patience is a virtue we all have to learn in this hobby ...when its done we'll still be here.

Hello All.

This is just to say that I am putting a hold on the project of making a large run.

I've had the baddest of luck concerning this project: every single builder I sent one of the prototype emailed me praises about it then disappeared from the face of the earth so I have no online documentation on how it works for people.

To add to that, both the better half and I changed jobs in the last 6 months, leading to schedule issues making that I wouldn't be able to respond in a timely manner to requests. To be honest, I fail to see how people like Erv or Tim make it to manage their time with job, projects and family while dealing with people's orders and I do not think I would do a good job at that, at least at this moment.

I still have a quantity of PCBs and chips available for fabrication, and will surely build them as time permit, but I fail to see how I would be able to handle a larger run at the moment.

Sorry if that breaks the plans of anyone. However, real life - and in my case family life - have to come before the hobby.

Keep on building sabers, I'll be back full throttle when schedule issues are worked out.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

RL > hobby = good hubby.. your a good guy with a great idea, we can wait and im sure most of us will have a fresh new saber just waiting when your ready

I sware I don't do drugs and STILL take care of my family. But it's true that we're not a 50-50% couple for housework and that sort of thing. We had to switch to a more caricatural life. And even with this, it's *still* hard to combine everything, it's really like having 2 jobs, plus the post office, plus preparing packages.... then also find the time for new designs etc.
    Not willing to speak for him, but strydur / tim, from what I understand, runs TCSS full time.

keep up the good work, and wish you the best to manage your schedule(s)

Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    Sorry if that breaks the plans of anyone. However, real life - and in my case family life - have to come before the hobby.

Keep on building sabers, I'll be back full throttle when schedule issues are worked out.
    We understand Mars. Life calls!

For the record... if I had received any kind of board (wasn't expected anyhow!), I would have PROMPTLY made SOME kind of video + walkthrough/review of things.

Also... I think it's safe to say that with my Y-tube account... a good amount of "saber freaks" do know where to look to see a lot of stuff regarding sabers.

Still... good luck on the schedule. I hear that!!!! All too well...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Hey Guys!

Here is the first video I ever received of a saber using my blade controller!!

ari-jaq_xulden is making a complex setup with multiple LEDs, but did praise the flickering of my blades

here it is on his photobucket profile

Again, the flicker isn't very well captured on camera, but still gives a good idea. Thanks to ari-jaq_xulden for sending me the link to his video! I'm happy to see people happy using my boards
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers