Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which MHS do you guys like better

Default Which MHS do you guys like better

I'm putting this together and am thinking that I should lose a choke. Opinions please...
    Concept:

Pictures:

As you can see it's long at 15 inches-- however, it's different.

I could always lose a choke and it'd look like this.

What do you think?

I like the last one.

what if you use o-rings on the thin neck near the pommell
    (don't know just throwing out a thought)

last pic better, as a matter of fact my friend was over just a bit ago, and we looked in the store and at my hilt, and was thinking the exact same design as the 2nd pic.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

sweet I like the double choke point, you could cut a peice of sink tube to put over the rear choke polint, then maybe add some drilled holes or vents and mount an accent light led on the chokepoint, would be hard though. The only problem I have with the choke point on mine is that the activator button is too big, and gets in the way of hand movement, I would suggest placing the switch hole near the pommel of the saber.

BTW I saw many extra parts in the background, perhaps try a blade holder for the pommel. Could be interesting.
    Last edited by Dandura; 02-20-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

nice two great minds think alike, I was thinking about doing that disign too. the last one is better.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just throwing this out:

Keep both chokes, put another blade holder in place of the pommel, and have a short blade in that end, something like 12-18", opposing a regular length blade. Might make for a unique saber and an interesting new fighting style.

(Just 2 pennies worth of inane blathering.)
    Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 02-20-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Here is finished-- White K2 with Puck running on 4 AA. The insides on this baby are so clean-- every bit of the wires are shrink-wrapped. I spent about 2 hours putting it all together.
    Lights on/ flash

Lights half on/ no flash

No Lights/ No Flash

I really love building these TCSS sabers. I placed another order tonight-- I'm going to build my son (15 months) a little tiny saber with a LUX III--lol

As for the switch-- on top/ bottom:
    I went with the bottom-- I tried spinning both ways. The choke on the top is great for spins, and if the switch is on top then the saber inadvertently gets shut off. As far as the choke point on the bottom, it's too long-- it's like swinging a Tatooine Maul, I'm just not that good yet. Anyways I have it still, i can always put it on. That's what's great about these MHS's.

I would say with the switch at the bottem I would toss in a clamp or a control box of sorts.

Heres a couple ideas I could think of.

Its got an origional trilogy feel to it and I say run with it. i forgot to put in the image the top one is a luke ROTJ control box.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Ooh, cool idea Hasid.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

What kind of filter did you use for blade color?