Thread: CF momentary swich?

Post CF momentary swich?

One simple question what type of momentary swich do you need for a CF? Or dose it matter?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I'm pretty sure you can use any switch. It doesn't need a double pole or anything fancy. I'm pretty sure you can even program it to work with either a latching or momentary switch.

Go to Erv's site and read the manual. I read it a couple of weeks ago, but I have the attention span of a goldfish, so I can't remember exactly.

someone on fxsabers used a latching switch for the aux button for a lockup.

Theres one version of a latchign switch that tim sells that has a momentary action that if you lightly press it it will turn on but when you let go it shuts off.

I think you could do something like that, then when you latch it it does a constint lock up untill you unlatch the switch.

Atleast thats how I think it will work, just guessing from watching the guys video.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks so I could use a momentary swich sold in the shop for a CF? BTW, thanks.

You may use probably any type of momentary switch for CF. Whether normally closed or normally open (N/C, N/O)... it won't matter, although you will need to specify as such in the config.txt file under something like switch=0,1 or 2. I forget what is what--it's in the .pdf. You will know by testing if you got the polarity "wrong".

You can also use a latching switch, but... naturally that one would only make sense for poweron/off. It would produce some whack results for the aux button I'd guess if you went latching! hehehe
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

IIRC 0 is latching, and 1&2 are momentary switches.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks I might get a swich from Radio Shack. See if that works.