Thread: 3wDriver (Latching) question

Default 3wDriver (Latching) question

I read tons of threads here and nothing answered my burning question (that I know of). Does the driver itself have sound? All the wiring schematics shows it being hooked up to an FX sound board, but wasn't sure if that was because FX had something better or if this did not just plain have it.

Also, I wonder if I got the wrong type of driver. I have the switch02, Push on/push off switch with red button, does this work with the latching driver or was that a mistaken boo boo on my part? Thanks for the help you guys.

I just now receive my parts 2 days ago and well....I read for a month and it's all confusing partially. Thanks.

The driver does not have sound, that is why people tend to run another board (hasbro, fx, etc) with it. Your switch sould work fine.

Default Driver

OK it has no sound. I can deal with that. I looked at all the diagrams for wiring with this board. Just for giggles, I bought 2 separate LED indicators. One Green and one Red. I was wondering if there was anything special I needed to do to light them up too. It did mention a resistor needed to go in-between, but I remembered someone wrote on here somewhere that since the board is a driver itself, things don't need resistors. Or is that just for the blade to light up?

If so, where would I connect them to the board? Any suggestions would be great guys and thanks again for answering my newbie questions, but I seriously did look around for this. I think I'm blind or something, LOL.

Look through the pics in this thread:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=4091
    There is one in there for accent leds.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I did look at those diagrams too, but I think I'm gonna skip the extra little LED's for now. Just one question. I have the 4 AAA battery pack that came with the basic LED kit here. Since mine is a Lux III, does it matter whether it's 4 AA's or 4 AAA's. I assume it's OK since you can choose, but just wondered just in case.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by djobitwan7 View Post
    I did look at those diagrams too, but I think I'm gonna skip the extra little LED's for now. Just one question. I have the 4 AAA battery pack that came with the basic LED kit here. Since mine is a Lux III, does it matter whether it's 4 AA's or 4 AAA's. I assume it's OK since you can choose, but just wondered just in case.
    Not really, both are going to be enough to run it but AA's give better runtimes.
    RED LEADER Standing by!