I was lucky enough to get hold of a broken 2005 Mace Windu that turned out to have a perfectly functioning board. I would like to hook it up with a Corbin in order to get flicker and clash effects, but have a couple of concerns. So far in all my builds (just three), I have used a 4aaa pack of rechargeable 1000mA Ni-MHs, a Luxeon III, and a recharge port with a kill switch. Am I right in thinking that I will not get the flicker effect with the 4.8 volts this setup generates? And am I also correct in thinking that my MR board (see the photos below) would be fried (sooner or later) by a 6v charge? I'm frankly puzzled why Corbin would make an LED driver that requires 6v for full effect, knowing that one of the most common uses for it would be running it with an MR board.

I would like to have a one-switch setup, and don't require a lock-up effect. And if I'm not mistaken, with the board I have, I don't need to have separate sensors for the MR board and the Corbin board.

Sorry for asking questions that are probably implicitly answered elsewhere, but once talk turns to voltage regulators and Buckpucks and DPTP switches, the fuse in my little brain blows and I have to go watch the Teletubbies and eat dry Cheerios until it resets itself.