Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a hilt work this way?

Default Can a hilt work this way?

Hey, I was wondering if my design for an LED saber hilt is possible, if constructed like this:

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Now you're speaking my language - one of a kind lightsabers!

Nice design...
    It is possible, I would reccomend machining some of the parts - particularly the pommel. The switch will have to be small, and you might want to take a look at my LED module (ONLY IF TIM'S STUFF WON'T WORK FOR YOU). My module is designed to fit inside 1" inside diameter aluminum tube. I can show you how to make one.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Nightwing...I could do a custom MHS hilt for you that you could just slide the cutout sink tube over.

When I get more blade holders that is.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hey nightwing,
    what do you use to make that hilt design on your computer?

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

That is a really nice design by the way, Lucas would be impressed.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

Nightwing...I could do a custom MHS hilt for you that you could just slide the cutout sink tube over.

When I get more blade holders that is.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That would RULE!!!
    So, it'd be a 1.25'' MHS hilt? Cool. How would I do the pommel, then, if it's inside the tube? Would I just go without the pommel on the inside tube, and put a regular MHS pommel on the bottom of the 1.5'' tube (using an MHS adapter)?
    Which reminds me... are you going to have any other MHS pommels anytime soon? If so, I'd like one like the one in my picture (it's basically a cone with the end cut off).

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Frieds

Hey nightwing,
    what do you use to make that hilt design on your computer?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Microsoft Word 2003. The absolute WORST program to use for drawing. I only use it for sabers because it's really good with autoshapes, and I've had about three years worth of practice with it.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Frieds

That is a really nice design by the way, Lucas would be impressed.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Thanks!
    It's actually the 8th version of that particular hilt. One of my best.

I think we should have a "saber design pictures" thread, for those of us who, for one reason or another, can't craft them in the real world.
    What do you think, Strydur?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I meant use the regular MHS hilt which the sink tube slides over. I would make custom endcaps for you. You would cut out the sink tube and just install it over the MHS hilt.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

I meant use the regular MHS hilt which the sink tube slides over. I would make custom endcaps for you. You would cut out the sink tube and just install it over the MHS hilt.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ahh... So you're saying the regular MHS parts fit inside the sink tube...
    i'm wondering, though, about just how much wider the sunk tube is than the MHS hilt.
    Would there be any room in between the tube and the MHS for a layer of grip material?
    And would the endcap also be custom-made to line up with the edge of the sink tube?

I was thinking I might get it to work this way:
    http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/plans...tyle2Intro.htm
    look especially at the sections "preparing the grip tube" and "assembling the grip"

That'll work,
    What do you have in mind for the grip material?

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life