Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.25 bladeholders... (again)

Default 1.25 bladeholders... (again)

any idea on an ETA for these? was told about month, a month+ ago I believe..

still waiting to get all my stuff at once.. and this is holding up my oder.

anyone got alternatives?

does the sinktube 1.5 holder fit COMPLETELY in the sink tube? for lower placement? or does it have a 'lip' so it buts up at top? (and hence cant be sunk lower than lip edge)

Thanks.

update: APRIL is the latest 'in stock' date for these now.

ANYONE got alternatives???

Well...you could use an MHS sinktube adaptor and any of the standard bladeholders if you can't wait that long. the daptor fits over the 1.25 tube, allowing the use of any standard MHS bladeholder. And looking at tims' (Strydur's) led hilt tutorial, http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hread.php?t=20
    it looks like the sinktube blade holder slides completely into the sinktube, allowing tou to place it anywhere along the length of the tube.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 02-12-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    it looks like the sinktube blade holder slides completely into the sinktube, allowing tou to place it anywhere along the length of the tube.
    I can verify that. It slides completely into the sink tube, and you can put it wherever you want in the tube.

thanks much guys... have some salvage,spare and freshly ordered parts.. should be making some 'hilts' in the next few days/weeks..

(I need to read up on the electronics mostly now)

does most everything fit inside (diameter wise) inside a 1.25 tube? or is a 1.5 tube needed?

(ie: width of the driver board(s)? & batery packs?)

and to read/compare about colored LED over white with colored lens? your preferences?

Most soundboards fit in a 1.25" tube, but it is recommended to use some sort of carrier for the soundboards to prevent accidental shorting of the board against the sidewall of the tube. There are some battery packs that will not fit in a 1.25 tube, though, like the stacked 4-AA packs. The linear packs fit fine.

Colored leds are always brighter than the filtered whites. The filtered whits are usually the easiest way to certain colors not available in a coloerd-led, like purple or pink.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

sweet... thanks..

actually your tut/pics helped me put the 'sink tube adaptors' into prespective on how they were to be used. And the link you provided here..
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hread.php?t=20

was also something I have missed. (search results return PAGES of stuff usually..lol)

thanks again...

I am SOOOOO looking forward to these.

I absolutely LOVED the black ones. I can't think of any other part I like more. I even love the heatsink! Although... I would assume the heatsink might be better as an almost entirely solid piece with the wires leading down through the center?

Thanks for making these Tim, they are *GREAT*!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

to bump this up again.. (back to those elusive 1.25 blade holders)

how do those work? (the 1.25's that is)

do those fit inside/outside of a 1.25 tube then? Sorry they havnt been in stock in a VERY long time.. so I havent seen many pictures of them.. and how the 1.25's work with a 1.25 pipe.. again Im talking just the 1.25's not a 1.5 sink tube adaptor over a 1.25 tube witha blade holder in it.. just want to see how a straight 1.25 works =)

thanks

I made my own blade holder out of some PVC end cap. Fit very nice. I added a little electrical tape to the end of the blade to give it a tighter fit.