Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Good SW books?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Devilstar2k2

I gotta say thanks to the guys that recommended 'Shatterpoint'... Its an awesome book. It makes 'Dark Lord' look like an episode of Scooby Doo. []
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, it was cool! There are a lot of parts in the book where it mentions Mace restraining his anger. I wished just one time he would've snapped into his own 'nam. But I guess that's the path of the darkside.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Madcow

"Shatterpoint" by Matthew Stover.
    It's the best one I've read. It's about Mace Windu.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Yeah, I just picked that up yesterday (on the strength of this Forum, by the by), and I've already breezed through about half of it...great read, thus far.

You don't need to see any identification.

Shatterpoint reminds me a lot of the Clone Wars cartoons (Which I love). The only thing that bugs me, is how easily he's taken out by Palps in ROTS. It seems like he should have just taken the fall and lived, IMO.

EDIT-

I think I'm gonna read the ROTS novel (also by Stover) next... I wanna see if that sheds any light on the subject of Mace getting beaten so easily.

Yes it does. The fight is much more intense. It also brings up how Vapad is very close to the darkside. I thought the ROTS book was much better than the movie and I really like the movie. Just much more indepth.

Awesome.

I looked Stover up to see what other SW books he's written, and it looks like he's only done three: ROTS, Traitor, and Shatterpoint. Also, it said that his fight scenes are really well written due to the fact that he studies a few forms of martial arts.

I really like his style of writing, it barely slows down at all... And when it does slow down, its usually to give a vivid description of scenery/setting so I don't mind so much.

If ya haven't read the ROTS novel you are missing great stuff. Tons of detail, I read the book before the movie and I missed having certain details in the film but hey, that's how it goes.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

ive read a book about darth maul called "darth maul Sith lord" or somethin like that.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

if you want a trip read "splinter of the minds eye" it was the first book published, bassically right after ep IV originally came out.

hmmm hmmmm whooosh hmmmm whooosh crackel

Yes, yes. Very good. That was when I first got a glimpse of how truly evil Vader could be. He really put it to Luke and Leia.

Just finished Shatterpoint. *gasp* Mace is official. Although, I think I would've liked to have seen Vestor catch a few 'saber strokes to the medulla oblongata. (Just finished watching Waterboy, too.)[]

But, I abso-tive-ly loved the whole "shatterpoint" aspect of his Force Awareness. That, and how the author had him agonizing over his so called failure at Geonosis. Sets an interesting scene when he's seemingly "over the edge" when confronting the Emperor and confronted by Anakin in ROTS. Maybe his awareness had everything coalescing around Palpatine and he was driven nearly mad with not wanting to make the same mistake he did with Dooku. Granted, I haven't read the novelization of ROTS, so it may have been covered/explained in that, but either way, it lends itself to a certain logic.

You don't need to see any identification.

This is kinda on subject...

I got both of the Star Wars Chronicles in the mail today. Two books, and the package was 17 pounds. I haven't looked through them much yet, but I'll let you know how informational they are.

Just finished ROTS... MUCH better than the movie, but if it weren't for the movie, I'd have to give the book a 5/10. Reason being, the settings were not very descriptive at all. But then again, I don't think it was meant to be a 'stand alone' book. I think was written to compliment the movie, which it does very well. Book + movie = 10/10

Starting the Thrawn cycle now, I'm about halfway through 'Heir'... So I'll post back when I finish.