Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What not to do when sabersmithing!

dude..........

Although I am intrested in hearing Jay-gon's idea
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

I too have a possible solution to save that ribbed piece Hasid.
    I'm in the middle of building my next saber and it has a 10" lg ribbed section that i am machining a large cutout in one side, then i will cover it with a shroud like piece that will also act as a battery door of sorts. got the idea from Treadingwolf , (props man) he did it with a sinktube here....
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t=battery+door
    just another idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ashron View Post
    dude..........

Although I am intrested in hearing Jay-gon's idea
    Well, it involves these:

and a little design inspiration from this:

Yes, those are already polished brass sinktubes that I found in an online plumbing store. There's only one small problem....they are 20 ga tubes and have a 1.44 i.d. making the MHS a no-go unless the parts are turned down to 1.42 o.d. If I could get that done, and I'm sure Tim could do that for an extra fee, I'll add in a few MHS parts, like the style 5 or 8 blade holder, the style 3 MPS, and I'll have brass saber similar to my custom. Hasid's ribbed grip would work for this, as the damaged side could be under the brass tube, and possibly house an aux button if I ever got ahold of a Crystal Focus board. If I go forward with the idea, I'd start a different thread of course.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah but I would feel bad using this part knowing the damage that ive done to it.

Ive thought about cutting a section of it out and use them for mhs/sinktube connectors.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I think you should just save it as a worthy reminder of what not to ever do........AGAIN!

Thank you Hasid, forever more upholding the standards of what not to do.

I'm sorry it got jacked up though, but you probably saved alot of noobs here from doing worse things.
    Last edited by DACOTA; 02-15-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

yeah thats what its kinda there for. to remind me to think things thru alot more.

i think the prob was u had more holes then needed... but then again what do i know still if u never try u never know

No its that I was stupid in designing the saber in teh first place. For the recard. put your speaker in the pommel, mever attempt a mid hilt mounted speaker cause its not gonna work!