Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Jedi color questions

Default Dark Jedi color questions

I don't really have a backstory or anything written, but for my costume I'd like to go in the direction of a dark Jedi, since I'm not really that into all the brown. I was just looking for some opinions on the colors. Do you think a straight black scheme would be better, or an outfit with white/grey tunics under black tabbards, belt, pants, and boots? Also, by better, I mean both aesthetically and in relation to the dark Jedi's character. If it would be too out of character to have any white on a dark Jedi, then I'd rather not go that direction.

I have kicked around a Dark Jedi costume myself. Black and gray look cool, you could also go with crimson and black. You could always tweak it abit. I forgot where I found this picture to begin with but I think the middle one would make a good Dark Jedi costume.

"I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

you can pretty much go nuts with a dark jedi costume, they don't really have a standard style, some would probably look like jedi with darker less earthy colors. Others could look like bikers or punks, or even like imperial officers. The way wookiepedia describes them they're any dark force user that isn't a sith, so they really could look like just about anything.

Those are really awesome Ashron, thanks for the pic. For some reason I hadn't even thought of red XD. I think a deep crimson like you suggested would look great. Seeing as I'm not much of a seamster, I don't think I'd be able to attempt that middle picture, so maybe I'll go with a more traditional jedi structure, just with some more color. Mabye: crimson tunics and obi, black belt, pants, tabbards, boots, and possibly some bracers or even just wrappings like in the design on the left.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Although my charactor is not a dark jedi, it's a black and DARK gray color scheme. I think your crimson and black idea will look pretty good. Something I used to make "bracers" at a ren fair was some nylon cord. wrapped around my forearms.

Not mine but I seen it and thought it was intresting.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

nice one, I might consider reversing the red with the black though, would make it look more dark and sinister.

Looks good Arkai, that's pretty much what I'm going for. Something simple, and easily recognizable as a jedi.

That one is pretty interesting, Hasid.... is that some kind of leather for the tabbards? Alligator skin or something?

Iam not sure, I found the bip in an ebay ad.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I always thought a mix of a Dark Jedi costume and a Mass Effect type costume with the armor would make a pretty good looking costume. You could do something like a General Kota with the almost Clone armor over a tunic with tabbards. Colors...I like the red and black, but I also like a gray and black or red and dark gray or even blue and black/gray. Masks are always a maybe...