Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Speakers

Default Speakers

Since it looks like the speakers won't be in stock for a while, as much as I hate to ask, does anyone know anywhere else I can get one? I looked at Radio Shack and they had one, but it had some bad reviews. Thanks.

Have patience, you must... or find specialty site and try using "Force Persuasion" to get samples from them...

I'm doing my best over here to make sure that Tim & Erv can get re-stocked with speakers. But if it hasn't already been said, it was an error on the SPEAKER MFC end... neither Erv's nor Tim's.

All good things with time though.

One last thing I can assure anyone who is reading... you are unlikely to find speakers that have a better dynamic range in their size class anywhere else. It took me some LOONNNGG hours of research to compare a bunch of these things all over the place, and they are pretty gnarley.

This is NOT to say that a 28mm speaker can necessarily "beat" the dynamic range and overall sound of (for example) a 36mm or 45mm speaker. Again, this is just a smaller version of the argument about a small speaker versus some huge 10 inch speaker. Duh.

HOWEVER... sometimes--bigger is not better. The devil is always in the details. To dB you look. To dynamic range you look. To output wattage you look. It all matters as an OVERALL picture. One detail alone... means nothing.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

The speakers in the shop are worth waiting for... my newest MHS has a speaker from the shop, may last MHS has one from some other place. The TCSS speaker blows my mind compaired to the other.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I've read many posts about you all praising the speaker sold here which is why I didn't really want to get one somewhere else. I'll just use the cheapy that I had laying around off an old Hasbro board until the store gets them back in stock.

I'll take one out of the 616 I'm using for sound until tim gets them back in stock.

I hope he's not taking a loss on these at least.

My 1st saber has a speaker ripped out of and XBox live headset lol
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

This is what i'm going to do, I recomend people do the same. If your wating for a sound board like ultra sound (mabe) or CF v3.0 (what i'm wating for) speakers are some thing you need I know CF comes with a speaker and ultra sound usualy uses TCSS speakers. so to get the best speakers it takes time, and on the fx-saber forums they said TCSS speakers will be back in stock SOON. As for CF you don't have to worry to much about that because when the speaker is in stock the board will be in stock. If your planning on using ultra sound, Hasbro, or MR fx wait for TCSS speakers because i've heard nothing but good about there speakers. And like I said they will be in SOON.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

They'll be back in stock in a month or so...That's what the update thread said, and that's what Tim said.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Count Malik View Post
    This is what i'm going to do, I recomend people do the same. If your wating for a sound board like ultra sound (mabe) or CF v3.0 (what i'm wating for) speakers are some thing you need I know CF comes with a speaker and ultra sound usualy uses TCSS speakers. so to get the best speakers it takes time, and on the fx-saber forums they said TCSS speakers will be back in stock SOON. As for CF you don't have to worry to much about that because when the speaker is in stock the board will be in stock. If your planning on using ultra sound, Hasbro, or MR fx wait for TCSS speakers because i've heard nothing but good about there speakers. And like I said they will be in SOON.
    lol, just because it's on the internets doesn't make it true. This is the TCSS forum so I wouldn't quote another board response before you check here.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I'm the one who updates the thread in question, and ALL of my updates come directly from Tim. It says in the thread a month or so, because that is what Tim said.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!