Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: White LED preference... XWing?

hey JMT, what did you end up using for voltage / resistor?

This is what I found for the Seoul P4 white. Does anybody have a datasheet or know what it's max current and lumens is?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1445

I ordered some luxeon K2 whites with TTFC and they never showed up because stock was so bad. Does anybody know if these are actually in stock?

EDIT: I found the manufacturer website. Looks like 240 lumens at 1 amp? Can these be run at higher current?
    http://www.seoulsemicon.com/en/produ...powerLEDp4.asp

What are your favorite color filters guys?

Has anybody used the Seoul P4 Green/Blue/Red ?
    Last edited by Eandori; 04-23-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eandori View Post
    I found the manufacturer website. Looks like 240 lumens at 1 amp? Can these be run at higher current?
    I'm running a white P4 on two 700 mA pucks wired in parallel for a total of 1400 mA, and it runs fine so far. I can feel the hilt getting a little warm around the area where the LED sits, but I guess that means that the heat sink is doing its job.

In this picture, I put it next to a Lux III Royal Blue on a resistor. In the top pic, I forgot to turn the flash off, but it still shows a good comparison. The bottom picture is as close to reality as I could get the camera to take it.

What are your favorite color filters guys?
    For the filter, I cut a circle out of the lens from an old pair of ski goggles. To me, it's the perfect light yellow.

To prevent the filter from falling out every time I pulled the blade out, I put it on the inside, sandwiched between the lip in the blade holder and the lens. Stopped the lens from rattling around too.

I tried using a circle of red plastic cut from the box my Hasbro Vader came in, but the blade came out very pink. It's actually a nice pink if that's what you want.

Has anybody used the Seoul P4 Green/Blue/Red ?
    I haven't tried those colors in the Seoul, but I'm going to order some colored Crees, just to play with.

That looks fantastic! I just ordered a few Seoul P4 U-bins. I also saw some RGB LED's that seem to have one emitting "bulb" and 4 leads. I ordered a few of those. Finally I also saw some 3.6v to 9v input, 800mA current regulation circuits that seemed to be VERY compact and cheap. Like $6 each and about the size of a quarter!

Here's a link to the RGB LED's with a single bulb: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4530

Here's a link to the 800mA current drivers that are very cheap and small: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3256
    Last edited by Eandori; 04-23-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've run my Seoul at 1.3A no worries. It was in a CF 2.0 before 1.5A was an option. Just don't go to like 2A... it's color will shift blue (I know).

1A is the spec max though.

I got a Seoul Green and I'm reluctant to get the others because it wasn't as advertised. No way it was 180 lumens.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Just to answer some questions and ask some....

I've tested alot of atlas leds (270 lumens) with filters and these leds are brighter than the P4 currently but are less efficient.

But if you use a Okalahoma yellow lee filter it makes a crazy bright yellow. The pinks work well.purples are decent. Oranges are good ,go for the darkest orange you can find.The 240 lumen p4 should have close to the same affect

IF ANYONe knows where or how to purchase the Seoul R bins please let me know.Im dying to try one.

question for erv: I see you found some RGB leds but do you think they are any stronger than the prolight RGB led? which also has all the light coming from one led? and is there anywhere to get the lumen specs on that RGB?

thought I would show some Atlas led with lee filters example

Note: this camera is on my computer with a bright screen and a high flash so you could just imagine how bright this is in person
    Attached Images Attached Images

Drive it to 2 amps and get almost a blue color? Now that sounds intresting.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

No it's not a good blue or anything it mean's there's too much power to the led so its basically destroying it, I've seen it happen, not a nice blue either