Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Parts...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ahh yes that would be it. I can see from the cut away view that that's what normally happens. The extension must also do that. It matters not I bought the extension anyway...[] I was just thinking.

Okay Tim, how about this:

If the threads were extended maybe another 1/2 inch and the heat sink made to go inside the thread instead of sitting outside it. Then make threads in the inside. Now a third new part is made, it would be a thin circular ring with thread on the outside meant to screw into the holder. This would make it so the heatsink was secure and the holder could be used in both as long as the outside was milled for the sink tube.

Like this: (magenta is new part)

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Curse you, Tim! You won't be happy until you have all of this poor, starving college student's pay check, will you? []

Seriously, though, they look great. I'll probably have to buy at least one extension wih my next order.

Thanks, TIm, for making this so easy for those of us with little skill and/or experience.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I need the module hilt blade holders for..the modular hilts.
    The mhs to sink tube adapter allows you to not only use the blade holders but also the end caps, extensions, etc..
    Doing it this way just adds allot more option and 2 less parts for me to stock.

And yes the extension is the same as the hilt so you could also lock the heatsink in place using the extension piece. They all have the same thread etc.. By the time I am done adding MHS parts there will be probably 100 combinations possible if not more.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Man oh man am I psyched. What you're doing here is brilliant by the way, with the only negative being that I feel a bit guilty buying parts off of you when "true Jedi" or whatnot should be building their own lightsabers. Then again, I also got a driver board instead of making my own...

I have a question. Now that you've figured out that you can sandwich the heatsink between the bladeholder and the extension piece instead of needing to screw the heatsink directly to the bladeholder, is there any chance of a release that'll fit a 1.25" sinktube, or are you going with a standardized scheme with parts that can all be used interchangeably? Great work by the way; I'm just wondering because my current lightsaber design planned for it to be built around a 1.25" sinktube, but I will change it for the 1.5" bladeholder/adapter if need be.

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.

At this time I wont be doing a 1.25 setup as far as anything to do with the modular hilt anyways. I will look into doing a 1.25 setup just for the sink tubes when I get time.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I hate to say this but I only have about 5 LED blade mounts left. Once they are gone it will be a few weeks before I have more. Which means I wont have any LED mount in any setup for a little while.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Oh man... I'm glad I bought mine.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

3 left

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Is that the heat sink portion or the blade emitter part?

I am all out now..

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop