Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Parts...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default New Parts...

The adapters and the extension tubes are finally in. Here are a bunch of pictures. I have a ton of these in stock. I think I am going to end up running out of MHS LED/Blade holders though so order quick if you want to be sure to get one. I have more on order but you know how that can go sometimes[V]

Adapter...
    [img]../scripts/adapter.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/adapter1.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/adapter2.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/adapter3.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/adapter4.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/adapter5.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/adapter6.jpg[/img]

Extension..
    [img]../scripts/extension1.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/extension2.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/extension3.jpg[/img]
    [img]../scripts/extension4.jpg[/img]

And here is a picture of all of the MHS parts now available.
    [img]../scripts/mhsparts1.jpg[/img]
    From left to right..
    End cap - Adapter - Extension - Hilt - EL holder - LED holder

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

God bless us, every one.

I placed my order. You have no idea, man. I've been checking your site about 5-6 times a day for the past month waiting for these puppies. I did a little dance when I just saw you'd received them!

Also, I noted this in my payment info, but I recall you mentioned in one of the threads on here that you could machine the adapter/holders to fit INSIDE the 1.5" sink tubes, so I asked that you do that to both pieces. That's easily done, right?

And I also noticed the shipping price was lowered. Stryder, don't take this the wrong way, but if you were here right now in person, I'd hug you, man. You've made my whole week! []

Ohhh beautiful, beautiful! Now we don't even need to request the nonMHS bladeholders, since you have the adapters in stock. As a quick check, the heatsink is sandwiched between the bladeholder and the adapter, yes? Very very very cool, can't wait to get my hands on these babies.

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I recall you mentioned in one of the threads on here that you could machine the adapter/holders to fit INSIDE the 1.5" sink tubes, so I asked that you do that to both pieces.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The adapter allready fits inside the sink tube[] But yes I can machine the LED holder to also fit inside the sink tube if you ask.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">the heatsink is sandwiched between the bladeholder and the adapter, yes?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That is correct

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Very nice Tim. I love the screw in style you have created. Would make your new quick change LED setup all the more easy and "quick". My only regret is that I have to wait for my income tax return to come in before I have the money to place an order. Hopefully you will still have some in stock, but if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any luck at all (as the old saying goes). So I am almost positive they will be gone by the time I have money (in a week or so). But from the way it sounds you would just be out of the blade holders, right? Maybe I can order everything but and wait for them to come in again[].

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

AHHHH i made my order right before you got this in.........

One more question: What's the total length of the adapter + holder? I know your old holders used to be around 2.5", but how much more length does the adapter add?

::edit::
    Nevermind, it occurred to me that the pic of the adapter/holder combo was actual size, so I put my ruler up to the screen (I'm high tech, I know []). Tim, does 3.75-4" sound about right?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okies, if the holder could be machined to fit inside the 1.5" tube, other than a mass rush of people asking you to do that, why wasn't this mentioned as an option before??? Theortically this whole time we could have asked you to do that, and the extension piece wouldn't be needed unless you wanted to do that. You'd just do it like before with the old holders and just ignore the threads. I and many others could probably care less if there was .5" of threads being unused. I doubt that that would bother anyone's design too much also.

I got thinking on this because the idea of having screws too far from the emitter with the extension bothered me and wondered why it we couldn't just drill and tap a hole like before. That's when the extension piece seemed irrelevant to me.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

X-wing, It looks from the pic as if the blade holder itself is just a touch bigger than the sink tube. However, if they could be machined down slightly I would agree with you. It would be advantagious to have one blade holder that would work in both systems. BUT-if he were to do that it raises a question-If there were threads coming out the end into the sink tube, there would be nothing to attach the heatsink/LED/optics to,right? Also, Tim, I read that the adapter mounts in and the blade holder screws down to sandwich the LED/optics between heatsink and blade holder. But from the pics I cannot tell what holds the heatsink in place. What do we mount the heatsink to so that it is supported when it gets sanwiched? Maybe I just missed something, which is possible, I am working off severe sleep deprevation. If so, sorry for the dumb question, am I just confused???

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

The reason is that there was no easy way to hold the heatsink portion to the blade holder portion. On the modular hilt it is sandwiched between the hilt and the blade holder.

I think this should answer both of your questions..but maybe not

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop