Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooku Hilt Progress

Made the LUX/heatsink screws from some nylon screws that I found with my other stuff. I had to modify them but they worked out well.

I did find a nice pice of thick walled aluminum that I will be using fo the pomell end.

I need some input/help. I need to make the following part that is circled and keep in mind i don't have a lathe and can't find anyone who has the time to make me one. Any ideas how I can make this from other parts? Keep in mind I do have a dremel:

Hey, dark there is a pretty good blueprint of a dooku someone did at
    http://www.sitharchives.com/
    it may help, also i think 2 sinktube flange nuts facing each other would resemble the piece you want, but if you get stuck email me and i may be able to machine a piece for you
    armonfiredesigns@comcast.net
    us newenglanda's gutta stick togetha.

I would have to get a cost from you on the maching of the part. This hilt is all metal...I would hate to have to resort to plastic but if I have to I have to.

This piece would have to fit around a 1.25" OD hilt and have to be made from aluminum so I could polish it to try to match the chrome finish of the other pieces.

How much would you charge.

Send me an e-mail etc. so we can talk.

sounds good.talk to you soon.

Dark , tried to e-mail you thru the forum profile and it came up undeliverable. you can contact me thru my e-mail posted above if you still need help.

Default Update

Had some parts machined...I think they came out awesome. Just got a pacage in the mail today that included Corbin's board and a blade...Slow going but it's getting there.

Those look very well done! Whoe helped you out on those?
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

That would be the gentleman with his arm on fire...LOL

Council Member
    Jedi Master

those do look good. Can't wait to see the rest.

Update as of 12am this morn:

It's getting there but it's a slow process. Hopefully I can get the wiring done tonight...after that I need to secure the hook and get rid of the gap between it and the saber. Need to finish the grip and that has been a real pain, not to mention the tiny wires from the Hasbro board coming loose and having to resolder them. Trying to match the LED with the blade was a real chore as well but that's good to go. All in all its just the little things that need to be tidied up and it will be done. ETA 1 week (I hope).