Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Dooku Hilt Progress

Quote Originally Posted by darthnerdold View Post
    I never did mess with the saber. Right when I took it out of the bow, it was in a very fragile cosmetic condition. The claw piece fell off within the first hour. The reason the Hasbro board broke was because I took the bottom piece in the wrong fashion.

I love LDM's work, but when he becomes arrogant about it like right now and calls me an idiot because I accidentally broke the soundboard of a cosmetically frail saber hilt, I will not show respect to him.
    you don't understand, that saber was/is a work of art, your amongst a bunch of people who REALLY admire it, you broke it by mishandling it, you're going to get flack for that, you've earned it.

It's as if you had a sketch done by Picasso, but you wanted to see it out of the frame, and in taking it out you ripped it in half, and then decided to show up at the Louvre to take offense when someone bemoans damage to the priceless one of a kind piece.

My advice is to stop talking before sabersmiths start blackballing you, because they have plenty of customers, I talk to them all the time, and none of them wants to work for someone that will abuse their products, consequently they'll watch for things like this and put the offenders on a no-sale list.

If you end up on enough of those your only recourse will be to make your own, which can be a fulfilling endeavor, but if you can't figure out how to unscrew a pommel cap without breaking the soundboard, you may find yourself getting frustrated.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Let's all just agree to stop this and let it go, or Tim will have to lock this thread.

Nobody post anything here. Like Barmic said, take it to PM.
    Quoting myself, because apparently no one is paying attention.

Let's just drop it and stop posting before things get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Quoting myself, because apparently no one is paying attention.

Let's just drop it and stop posting before things get ugly.
    It took me awhile to write that I'm at work here, didn't see your post but mine stands.

A thank you to Darth Devilguy for last statements. Let me make myself clear, Nerdhold, if you want to start bashing what I did on that saber I will be glad to post the pics and the e-mail messages that went back and forth between us. I will make it known what I did to repair what you broke and what I did to repair your mess at ZERO cost to you because I was sickened when I received the hilt back from you.

Don't start a war my friend and tarnish my name because I have enough ammo to win the war via pics and e-mail.

I am not going to start a bash session here but I REFUSE to have my name tarnished or egg thrown in my face. It ends here...

uhmm.. ok guys chill.. were (mostly) adults here.. but i think... someone, ldm, lori, tim, anyone CLOSE this thread.. this isnt what i sign on to see...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Nerdold and I have spoken and there will be no more negativity forthcoming. He and I have dropped it in the name of "detante".

Move along, there is nothing to see here.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!