Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooku Hilt Progress

hmm thats interesting, does that mean a purple lens would also give good results?

do you or anyone have that picture of ervs saber with the blue lens? if you couldyou send it to me or tell me where to go to see it anyone?

my email is youngmetal_attack20@hotmail.com
    Last edited by LeMoel; 03-08-2008 at 03:04 AM.

I think I remember Xwing or Nova saying that even though the lumens on a P4 are around 200, using a filter will cut it in half... I could be wrong.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I could see it cutting in in half especially if using a dark color: red, purple, blue etc. Wonder how it would do with a yellow or amber filter...not that I am going to use anything but redbut just out of curiosity.

Anyone know what the lumens are for a normal red LUX III?

A 240 lumen white with say a green filter will bring it down to around 140 lumens or so. Thats the guestimation nova came up with.

But for the blue lense pics there in the gallerys somewhere.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

as soon, as my P4 comes in i can get some photos of yellow.
    Hmmmmmmmm Pie.

a standard red three watt is 140 lumens is your going to basically get the same with a p4 (240 lumens) and a filter, but however if you compare and filtered p4 and a red luxeon then the red luxeon over powers it and and the top of the filtered blade fades or gets over powered, look at the picture example with the green, and thats with the atlas which is 282 lumens thats why i use atlas led, its the only led that is high enoiugh for a bright filtered blade and its not too too bright to make the blade white at the hilt. So with the atlas you wold have a 170-180 lumen filtered red.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...bers/gboth.jpg
    Last edited by LeMoel; 03-09-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Oh ya i forgot that i have a yellow filtered picture with a 272 lumen atlas led,and some other to give you guys an idea of how much lumens you lose.

Now all of these picture are with a very bright new apple mac computer flash,so it would be ever brighter in person

all pics used with ultra blade( with lee filters)

first picture is (oklahoma yellow)#767 page 130"looking forward to making a saber with this bright color".

2nd picture is (Magical Magneta) #795 page 70 " i feel this is the best mace windu purple and best purple period which ill be using for my first saber soon.

3rd is (sky blue) #68 nice R.O.S. blue

4th is (red) "not sure which red i used but i thought it would be good to post for the dooku saber"

5th is (jas green) " its really up close to the computer so the flash kills it but its really bright"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

6th is (silver/white) wi lights on too ,not filtered)(very bright) same as do clo's saber

7th is (deep purple) which i think was a failure and too dark to be filtered,but ain't too bad i guess

8th is (millenium Gold)#778 page 119 makes a great orange.. " is actually really bright but being up close to the computer kills it a bit".

9 th is (medium purple)with lights on. " roscolux filter" not a bad purple little dark in pitch black.

10 th "just for the hell of it" i thought i would show you my experiment with 10-11 uv leds(like do clo's "7" led saber) " i feel like UV isnt really purple majorly, its more of a blue with a tad of purple in it and it isnt really that bright...

the reason i did all this research is because before i make my first "realistic" saber i wanted the best purple and the best way to view evertything.. so i just have made little test sabers... but now im getting ready to make my own out of a aluminum tube which is goign to be purple(magneta purple). so there ya go, let me know what you think of the colors peace

AND By the wayi emailed erv and he never used a "blue lens" he said all it was ,was a lens with a blue filter on it..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LeMoel; 03-09-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

IMO filtering is a bad idea. For saturation of color it will not be the same. There are very few colors that look good IMO through filtering, yellow and purple.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I saw your Ani conversion with the P4 (i think it was a P4) and a purple filter on youtube, it looked pretty good Xwing. Marsupial's yellow filtered saber looks great too but I think that is a Cree.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."