Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooku Hilt Progress

Default Dooku Hilt Progress

Well,

Here's what I have so far.

Ohh...If someone can tell me how to attach the pic right in my post wwithout having to make it an attachment I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope to get this complete within the next 2 weeks or so. I still need to get Corbin's board to I can get rid of the annoying FOC blinking and so I can have the power up/power down effect.

I also need to get a blade (1" thin walled) and maybe the universal charger for the battery pack that I made (4-cell, 4.8V)

I just have to get the time to sit down and get it done but I'm a perfectionist and it has to be perfect. I also need to make a red switch that I will have to make that from scratch. I need to get my hands on a small piece of red poly or lexan.

Left to do:
    1. Make the heatsink out of the copper washers so it fits inside the slight curve of the hilt.
    2. Drill and mount the 3W red LED to the heatsink.
    3. Finish sanding the PVC pommel part so the diamond grips sit flush and also paint it the metallic/gold color.
    4. Make the handle mount with the correct grooves and cutouts for the grips.
    5. Sand the bottom blade brace so it sits flush with the angle of the hilt.
    6. Modify the pommel for the grooves, pre and chrome paint the pommel end and cap the top.
    7. Make the pomell brace and sand it so it sits flush inside the pomell grooves.
    8. Finish sanding the brass accent pieces.

I'm sure there's more but that's what I can think of right now. My wife is ready to kill me with the amount of time and $$ that I have put into this but I enjoy doing it.

I'm still debating whether to sell it on eBay but man have I sunk alot of time into this to let it go, it will be a tough call.

I'll keep the pics coming if anyone has an interest.

Ohh...If someone can tell me how to attach the pic right in my post wwithout having to make it an attachment I would greatly appreciate it.

DN
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats looking pretty good. What is the "claw" made from?

i will love to see it when it is finished i'd always found his hilt cool looking just something different from the usual stuff
    ...YUP!

keep posting pics, should be interesting to see the progress on this one.

Thanks guys...

The claw is made from billet aluminum, the body is 1.25" chromed pipe. The grips are real rubber with the diamond pattern just like the MR hilt.

I made more progress tonight.
    1. The heatsink is complete as is the blade stop inside the hilt.
    2. I made the brass "topper" mount flush with the curve of the top of the hilt.
    3. The inside of the pomell is painted black in order to try to conceal the speaker better.

Trying to get everthing lined up so the lux and blade look respectable was a bear but I think I got it just right.

Right now my main goal is to get the pomell right. I am using conduit, (the only non-metal portion of the saber) and I am trying to see if chrome paint that is then clear coated will look good, or I may try to use aluminum tape and smooth it out and then polish it to a high gloss. I think I may have to take a trip on Monday to a supplier of mine and get real aluminum pipe that is thick enough so I can make the grooves in the pomell but find a piece that's not so thick that it won't accept the speaker. Again my main goal is to try to get this as accurate as possible.

Shrinking pics to the correct dimesions was tough as well but this hilt is almost identical to the original MR Dooku hilt. I must have at least 8-10 reference pics that I have been using. The tough part is going to be the grip area and the groove that runs along the sides and top.

If someone can tell me how to post the pics without using attachments I will be able to get better pics while the work continues.

DN

To directly post the picture just type [img] http :// www . image url here [/img] without the spaces, of course.

The picture should show right up in the post after you submit it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

OK..I'm dumb and tired...So if the pic is in my pictures pull up the pic and type [img] http :// www . image url here [/img]??

Obviously wher it says "image url here" this is where I will put my pic name? How is it going to pull the pic from my computer??

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You need to upload the pictures to an picture host. I use www.photobucket.com

Upload the pictures to photobucket, and then copy and paste that url into the post.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ok makes sense..Thanks LM

Its looking real good for a sinktube dooku. I like it! I was going to make a dooku but I didnt really like the style so I bought an MHS from Tim.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.