Thread: I've gotta question

Default I've gotta question

Has anyone ever tried to solder a sink tube overlay to the mhs parts. I would like to use an overlay without having to screw it to the mhs parts.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Solder wouldn't hold it. You could glue it to the MHS. What's wrong with a button head or two?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

it could work but you'd likely end up seeing the solder points, and it wouldn't be good for dueling, a solder is like a weld without the strength, a more durable and probably easier solution would be to use some sort of epoxy to glue it together.

edit: and maul beats me to it

gorilla glue. THat is what i use. It works on wood, stone, metal, ceramic, and more. I've yet to test the more part but wonder if it is anything like...yeah American Pie 2 scene is in my head for that. Anywho that Gorilla Glue.
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    ..yeah American Pie 2 scene is in my head for that.
    heh-heh...any time i see a redheaded girl who even remotely looks like alyson hannigan i have to say aloud, "this one time at band camp..."
    Red 3 standing by

JB Weld would probably work good for an application like that.

I have used it on my Mara Jade to hold both the activation box and a strip of aluminum at the emitter in place.

Both of those pieces are high-contact and could be easily dislodged if they were not securely fastened.

JB Weld holds like a champ, and can be sanded and painted if needed.

Cheers
    May the Schwartz be with you...

Thanks guys.
    I'm trying to make a hilt that has a kind of organic feel to it. In stead of a hilt that looks like it began its life as something else then got adapted to being a lightsaber

Again thanks for the pointers
    Last edited by shaas0927; 02-06-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: forgot the N