Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Real Lightsabers"

I have read up a bit on holography, and I've thought about a holographic saber blade before... The problem is you would need a laser coherent long enough to project a meter-long blade... I know neodimium lasers can be coherent up to several kilometers, but they are extremely expensive and require a cooling system... I'm not sure about the coherency length of blue/green argon ion lasers. It would be neat if somone could get it to work!

Sure no problem just back up a truck load of money and I will get started right away. [] The problem with the holographic blade is that it would look good but when you struck something the blade would just pass right over it.

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

ya know, i bet do-clo COULD make it happen, lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I have thought, since reading "I, Jedi" as he builds his saber, the idea of electricity in like a jacobs ladder type thing might work. You would just have to make sure you had something that would force the electric arc back into the hilt, you could have like a telescopic antenna that would extend when powered on and the elecrical current would flow to the tip as it extends, of course if you hit something grounded then my Idea is moot. [] but all ideas have to start somewhere.

Really high powered lasers. then a set of mirrors, one on the emiotter one on the end of a telescorping rod thinger. the one on the emitter has small holes for the lasers to pass throught then they get reflected back and forth between the 2 mirrors. now only if i had a powefull enough laser. and precise enough mirrors.

hmmm hmmmm whooosh hmmmm whooosh crackel

Only problem with a laser is that to get one strong enough to cut things, the power supply would be huge. The theory that a lightsaber could be made is solid but technology will have to advance to make it possible to build.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

I once saw an idear that had a plama saber, unfortunly it needed a Quazar and a singuarity, and to my knowlage we cant cantain black holes yet.

shame, so many good ideras are put to rest simply because they won't work

An interesting idea.

http://www.aist.go.jp/aist_e/latest_.../20060210.html

I Don't think the laser is powerful enough to cut through anything though. Come to think of it, maybe it would be better if it couldn't...
    Increase the diameter of those dots, line a bunch of them up, and a polyC blade lit with a white luxeon in the center[] Ok so power and space might be a problem, but maybe sometime in the future

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.
    Old Jedi never die; they just fade away.

tazrob - I read somwhere on the net about a guy claiming to have made somthing like a lightsaber out of three tazers hooked together and an electromagnet. Supposedly the three tazers together created about a trillion volts, and he claimed to have made two and fought with them.[] I don't exactly believe him... if I find the page again I could post his E-mail adress and we could ask him to post pics... he'll probably have somthing "conveniently" happen to it before he could take any pictures...

You know, I was thinking that repulsorlifts would bring in a lot more market and money than lightsabers because there would be so much more use for them.

I was also curious as to whether epoxy is porus or not...

You'll find I'm full of suprises. -Luke, ESB, Anakin, AOTC

how about having a holo projector or whatever its called and form plastic to any shape you want, then put an LED in there, here lemme show you later.

EDIT- HERE IT IS!!! the object being projected will be removable

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com