Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me with this wiring?.

Question Can someone help me with this wiring?.

Alright I know that most people don't wire a lux V to a MR Board for various reasons, but as my funds are limited I can't get a CF v3.0, so this is the best i can do for now. I want to run it all with the push of one button ( if at all possible), and if possible incorporate the kill switch style recharge port. I have a Darth maul MR Board and will be getting the BuckPuck 700mA and Battery Pack soon. I will post a schematic and If someone can help me solve it it would be absolutely fantastic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blank Schematic.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/...4fa00caa_o.jpg

The Updated one.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2358/...876d7214_o.jpg
    Last edited by Dandura; 01-31-2008 at 12:49 PM.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

The speaker shares a common + with the MR board. That much I can tell ya.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

alright thanks Hasid I thought so, i could probably try to figure this out, but I don't wan't all my money to blow up in my face.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

I might be wrong, but I think you will need to resistor the battery pack down before going to the MR sound board, or you might get the magic smoke. I think I read the most an MR SB can handle is 6V, but I'm not 100% sure. You could probably use a DPDT switch to control both the LED and SB with one switch, if I'm correct.

Thats what the 5 Volt regulator is for it drops up to 32 Volts down to 5 Volts.

Lightbulb

If you're using a buckpuck I can't see why you would need to resistor the bat pack down. About the only things I see that could go wrong would be the fact that you're using a luxV. I would recommend putting another buckpuck in the saber if it will fit. Reason being 2 of them can handle the voltage better than just one can. Other than that I see nothing wrong with what you have thus far.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

I have to admit I completely missed the regulator when I looked at the images Which regulator are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by goldsaberwarrior View Post
    If you're using a buckpuck I can't see why you would need to resistor the bat pack down.
    Because the MR SB's cant handle the 7.2 volts from his battery back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandura View Post
    Thats what the 5 Volt regulator is for it drops up to 32 Volts down to 5 Volts.
    Oops, I completly missed that in your schematic, sorry.

I didn't see the 7.2 volts it showed on his pack. I see what his prob is now. Like is said before throw another buckpuck in there or a resistor, preferably a buckpuck. Using 2 of them should get his voltage down. If that still doesn't you may have to use a resistor with the two buckpucks. Like I said before do it however you think it will work best but that's what I recommend anyway.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

I'm still pretty sure you wont be able to use the TCSS switch you have on the diagram. A DPDT like this one in the shop: http://http://www.thecustomsabershop...itch--P46.aspx would work better. Because you need to wire the sound board and the buck puck as two separate circuits. As far as the regulator, I've never used one so I can't help there. But on the buck puck the red and black go to the battery, with the switch inbetween, and the blue(-) and white(+) go to the LED.