Thread: Copper Heatsink Dimensions & Mounting?

Default Copper Heatsink Dimensions & Mounting?

I was looking at this product due to the "old" one being out of stock.

I was wondering what the outside dimensions of that product are and what is the best way to mount it? The "set screw" way I was going to mount the other one doesn't appear to be able to work with this as it doesn't have the grooves along the side to go into (or will it).

My saber has an inner diameter of 1".

The O.D. of that heatsink is about 1.313" (measured with my dial calipers). The best way to use it is in an MHS blade holder. It just sits in there between the blade holder, and another MHS part, such as an MHS hilt or the MHS sinktube adaptor.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks. I'm probably going to have to make one or wait until the other comes back into stock. I have no removable emitter and the "core" is definitely 1" and I have no MHS parts on it.

The description on this (below) is "almost 1" I'm presuming that means it's less than 1"...is that correct?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Yes it is. just use some set screws or buttom heads to hold it solid

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist View Post
    Yes it is. just use some set screws or buttom heads to hold it solid
    Ya, that's what I was planning on doing, just saw it was out of stock, which lead me to the other heatsink.

I dunno if i'll do set or buttonhead yet as I want to eventually make it a quick-change thing (different costumes = different colors, etc).

Now I gotta try & be patient for them to become available again.

I have the same issue...I need a couple to play around with, but they're out-of-stock....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

There's probably a lot of us waiting for them

Revisit: Are there any alternative out there to heatsink the Lux Star LEDs that are .99" or smaller?

**bump**

Any alternative or heat sink you know of that's 1" diameter or less?