Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor and unhappy results help please?

Default Poor and unhappy results help please?

Well tonight me and my friend went out to test the new saber and no offense but wow...I could of used my money alot wiser. The saber began to have problems within the first few minutes of practicing for the video. First the tip of the blade went flying off about 3 times than one of the parts ( sorry don't know parts to well ) above the hilt began to slide off! This would make the saber fall apart into 2 pieces! Also the blade became very unsturdy and to top it off the cap came off at a horrible momement when we were filming and I got 4 of my fingers cut because the top part of the blade detached and went across my fingers leaving me my Vader hilt in a bloody mess [!] Lets just say I was not satisfied at all and rather angry because there seemed to be alot of hype over this saber and the dealer had 100 percent postive feedback! Has anyone else encountered these problems because all I know is I'm worried as hell about sending my Vader out now []

Matt

Oh btw this wouldn't off pissed me off so bad if it wasn't for the fact I have a big show of 4,000 people at my school and now my hands are not in the greatest condition for guitar playing [!]

Matt

Umm..who did you get it from?

You do know that all lightsabers are props, and NOT weapons, right?

As in, full-force contact is just being stupid.

Regarding the blade tips: I think we all have that problem, at one point or another.

Did you tighten your blade retention screw? Or are you saying that the blade sleeve/emitter housing was damaged/loose?

As for the rest, sorry, can't help you there.

Whoa, what happened to my signature?

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, despite howstrudy luxeons are full force dueling will eventually break the saber. That doesn't sound like the issue though. It sounds more like some of your screws are loose. Also the tip coming off is normal. As long as you let it sit it should stay for a bit but a few good wacks and it'll fly.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

The best idea that has been mentioned is to put some clear tape on the end of the blade to help secure the tip when dueling to prevent it from flying off, not that it won't still break it is just that you will not have to hunt it down when it does. If you are planing full contact dueling then maybe you should get a mhs saber kit, being all metal they will hold up well, if this isn't strong enough then I would suggest a couple of aluminum baseball bats.[]

Do-Clo
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith
    Give yourself to the Dark Side!!!

I know that full force doesn't work well on anything and we weren't going that hard because the scene is really quick so the contact wasn't that bad (so we could keep speed up) but come on your lightsaber hilt falling in 2 is just pertty bad [] I'll try that tape idea though []!

Matt

If you use the wrong glue onthe tip, it will come apart. Superglue isn't enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, coming from the other thread I'm assuming this is Ultra's stunt (you said it doesn't have sound) which is the MHS. Something must not be tight if it's falling apart. Solid aluminum just doesn't do that... or perhaps I'm not getting what's coming off.[?]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>