Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about CF

Default Question about CF

I'm hoping someone will help me here, I want to build a luxeon saber & I want to use the brightest led I can get my hands on, I'd like the option of being able to run high voltage (7+v) with lithium ion if need be & I want a quality sound.
    Ive looked at a few posts regarding the CF & it looks like the sort of thing I'm after, But I dont want to have a complicated saber, I want to just switch it on & it to work just like a MR board, I dont want to be messing around with funny hello's & sound fonts etc when I switch on.
    Sound wise I'm intending to hunt down a top quality speeker & mount it in an enclosure for best results, Space inside the hilt is also going to be tight.
    As far as functions I'm building an Anakin style hilt & want to use a latching switch to power on/off on the activation block & a clash/lock momentry switch where the red button would be, The hilt wont be a modded MR Ani FX it'll be machine made & a fair bit smaller.
    Basicly I'm a bit confused regarding the CF as it seems I have to connect it to the PC & upload sounds & go through menu's & such which is all very confusing, I'm not very good with computers & modern technology hence the question will I get what I'm after with a CF??

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You do need to upload sound files to your CF, and you do need to calibrate it. However, once those initial steps are done, CF is a user friendly board. Just turn it on and play.

It all depends on how much you want to learn. Go with a CF and you'll need to read the entire manual, and work the computer. It is the only board (with sound) that has a C&L effect, so if you want that, you gotta get CF.

The other decent sound card is Ultrasound, but it does not have a Axillary button, and thus isn't nearly as good as CF.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I see, So I take it the CF comes with everything I would need to get started as in a manual & something so that the PC recognises it etc? I do struggle a fair bit with modern technology, For example I have a cell phone that has the option to take pics, movies & it has bluetooth, But I dont have a clue how to use any of it, I'm hopeless with this side of things & I need someone to explain things as if they were talking to a 4 year old not a 34 year old.
    Basicly I need a little spoon feeding to narrow things down a bit, theres so much info

ok, first thing is, do you want to make a replica saber? if so, the ultraboard will be all you need, much easier to install, and cheaper. if you want to make your saber TRULY your own, you need a cf. unfortunatly, you really can't be spoonfed too much, since the customising is done based on personal preferences.but the cf does come pre-loaded with sounds/functions you can use, but unless you are willing to learn how to manipulate these factors, you will be pretty much screwed.don't worry too much tho, many of us are building fonts and files to operate these in ways that can take the work out of it for you! then we can post the files/instructions for you.... so if you want to mess with the sound a bit, just wait until one of us have the one you want, or just go the easy route and get the ultra! we all have a passion to build the best sabers we can... some of us are better at certain aspects of this than others, so we have to look out for eachother when it comes to sharing info and asking for help! i hope i've helped you make your decision on your build, and good luck!
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

You will need an sd card reader. unless your computer or printer has an sd card reader.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Ahhh, So it comes with some pre loaded sounds, Thats the sort of info I'm after.
    So I can efectivly plug n play but if I want to personalise it I have to hook it up to the PC, Cool! I am willing to learn & want to, I just struggle taking it in with software.
    I've just read up on the manual online & I was doing fine untill he started on about perameters & such, At least I now know if I buy one I'll have something to get me started & I can learn more once I have it set up.
    It doesnt say anything about the price on his site & availability?

SD card reader?? I can plug my camera into the PC to down load pics, I take it it's a similar thing?

Is your camera pluged into your pc by a cable?

This is an SD Card reader

http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/p...aad5c5f007b8dd
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Yeh USB jobbie, That reader's nice n cheep, I take it I can down load the software I need from the net?

yup, plectorlabs.com has fonts available for download, and novastar has made a ton of brilliant fonts you can dl, he does however spend a lot of time and money doing this, so it would be courteous to donate to BOP... you can find the link on any of his postings... it does help to further us all in making perfect sabers....plus, he did share his hard work....
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.