Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Gon's "Agony" (conversion from EL to luxeon)

Cant drill it to 1" can you?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Not unless I want to have the emitter fall off, unfortunately! The neck section under the "lens" is only 1" o.d.

I have no problem using thin-wall 3/4" blades, and have had pretty good luck getting them to light up evenly, and brightly.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

This sure seems to be turning out nice!

And, I do like you methos Jay-Gon...^^
    The point of this is actually out to lunch.

Really like that hilt, you´re doing a very good job with it. It´s going to be really beautiful when it gets luxed up

How are you planning on putting in a luxeon? Are you going for a Star LED? or just the Emmiter? Because the star wont fit in a 3/4" space.

edit- oh and btw that looks awesome haha.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

I'll probably be boring a 7/8" hole the base of the forward grip. That should give me just about enough room for a lens holder and a star led.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Or you could use a Rebel. That's what I'd probably do. They are brighter than a 3 watt and K2
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Or you could use a Rebel. That's what I'd probably do. They are brighter than a 3 watt and K2
    If I could find one already mounted to a standard star base, not a moon-style base, I would...I can't work with something that small to try and attach one to a star myself....my fingers won't allow me to handle something that tiny.

I have a little thing made for working on circuit boards that would make that easier, it has two little alligator clamps and a magnifying glass on a movable framework mounted to a stable metal base. I'll try to find one online for pics, it works wonders for small jobs.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

They're called helping hands... I find the clips helpful but not the magnifier all the time.

Jay-gon, if you want blue I could spare a Rebel. Optics are easily gotten... part 180/120 at future electronics. Here's a pic of the PCB'ed one:

Epoxy works and the nylon screws I imagine are still possible also. IMO the Rebel in blue is worth it, 48 lumens at 700mA and 3 or so volts. Matches a V at half the voltage.

I need to order more greens if anyone wants to pitch in.
    RED LEADER Standing by!