Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: selling lightsabers

Default selling lightsabers

I was just wondering if anyone has sold one of their lightsabers on ebay or another site like ebay. Also if you did, did you make a lot of money off it

I would like to know what a good selling price for them is.

Hey dafourthg,
    I have sold approx 13 lightsabers on ebay over the years. I get anywhere between 40-$150.

Mostly I sell just handles with no blades, but the market seems to favor bladed sabers or blade ready sabers.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

I've seen "Ultraswg" and "Tetmatech" both do really well on Ebay, and another guy whose Ebay handle is "Slackfarm" have mixed results with multiple sabers listed. You do better if you can get a "lot" deal on damaged sabers for conversion, then it's not a bigger investment then the coversion parts are. [^][8D]

not yet, but if i can manage to get a led holder, i need tims first ones he sold, i can put this newest saber together and i do plan on selling it on ebay.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

the only reason I would sell lightsaber on ebay is if I needed money to fund my lightsaber addiction.[]

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

I have sold a few sabers on eBay as well(10 maybe), but as far as profit is concerned....well, let me put it this way - working at McDonalds you'll make more money per hour. But when it's a labor of love and you'd be doing it anyway, profit or not, then its not so bad anymore. Particularly when it helps feed the addiction.
    If you are considering turning it into a business remember you'll have to compete with Master Replicas and their penny-an-hour assembly line workers.

madcow, is that selling price or profit? I'd say it's selling price from personal experience. By the time you subtract taxes, shipping costs for materials, ebay/paypal fees you're not left with much, are you. The first hilt I've made was from Lowes parts on which I spent about $35. I sold it for $50, but subtracting ebay/paypal fees I made a glorious $10. BTW, I spent about 4 hours at Lowes to find the parts.
    Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

It was selling costs to be sure... ($40-50).
    I just sold one - it was a half a days work and only went for $20.50[]

I only sell sabers on ebay to par for the parts to make my own... and yes, it is a labour of love.
    Plus - with each saber I make - I learn. I learn what not to do - and what ideas rock.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Ive sold quite a few sabers on eBay and you never know what youll get for them. Sometimes you get alot of people looking and you can make some good money. You need to have good pictures.

JediSaberSmith
    An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age

On the note of selling lightsabers, can we sell lightsabers that are copies of those found in the movies. For example if I made a Anakin fx lightsaber could I sell it on ebay or am I violating any copyright law? I assume that as long as I dont say its an offical replica im ok but I was just wondering.