Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MR Vader capacitor missing

Default MR Vader capacitor missing

Hi: I recently buy a MR EP V Darth Vader malfunctioning lightsaber. I try to replace a capacitor (wich I think is the hole problem with the sound board) so I desolder it. Right now I can't find it to get a replacement. Does anybody could tell me the voltage (volts or V) and capacitance (uf or mf) of it. If you have a Vader sound board is the big brown cilindrical piece in the middle. It has the voltage and capacitance printed in one side. Thanks a lot.
    Not only a partner, but a friend

Iam looking at my mr vader board and I dont see this capaciter you are talking about.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

So far the best pic of the vader board I can find is here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ht=vader+board

which tells me absolutely nothing

You are referring to the component left of center next to the row of brown disc capacitors?

What we really need is someone who is using a vader board who has it open at the moment and could snap a shot. My MR boards are put together pretty radically different than that one and have two larger capacitors mounted horizontally rather than vertically.

Pics like these?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

My vader board is blue, its form an 05 vader.

it'd be nice to see a pic otherwise it's kinda hard to tell you anything.

But there is a pic a post above mine.

The piece that i'm talking about is that black cilinder thingy in the middle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not only a partner, but a friend

I thought that ws the motion sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by luis rojas View Post
    The piece that i'm talking about is that black cilinder thingy in the middle
    That's what I thought, Jay-gon, any chance you could let us know what the markings on that piece say? It looks like a pretty run of the mill part so once you have those you could get it from mouser, all electronics or (if you must) radio shack.