Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Randomsabers has made a varyation of corbins saber malius.

Thats what I don't like about randomsabers, its so easy to make a copy of a hilt. Where as on here we can get close but not exact.

So far Ive seen maybe 2 other sabers that were like ervs odditytwo design. But they were both different in one way or another.

You could look at both not knowing which was built first and someone would say yeah they look close to the same but then there not.

Adding claws to a design wont make it different its just adding claws to a blatant rip off.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

"Delesor"?????!!

Delesor.

I guess it's "Rose LED" backwards. Hmm. Whatever.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

LMAO, you must be good at them anagram type things huh nova?

Somehow I wasn't sure that Delesor was "Rose Led" backwards, so I googled it. Delesor is a village in Turkey. Specifically it is a village in Turkey's Batman province. No... Seriously. It also occured to me that if you broke it down into it's component syllables it could be Spanish for "of his sister". De le is also French for "of the" but Sor doesn't translate. Anyway, just a bit of speculation for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Thats what I don't like about randomsabers, its so easy to make a copy of a hilt. Where as on here we can get close but not exact.
    While I do not disagree with you there, I do seem to remember that there was an option to have your design be exclusive if you wanted... I could be hallucinating that, I was VERY busy when i found that site and once I found out they were not the option to get a hilt fast I forgot about the concept until I found this site and never looked back

Yep tcss for the win. so mutch knolage and help around here. where as there they are all just about the hilt and how much it dosent looklike a saber.

yeah i've never been too much of a fan of randomsabers because they suffer from the well lets take this hilt add this and that and take of this then they do this about several more tiimes and come up with just varients of one hilt. Just way too many. though fun to look at it steals the main concept of what one wanted lol then again i'm working on a saber that is just a stripped garflex made out of a sink tube. But then again it was the first saber i ever drew so yup some sentimental stuff is in it.
    ...YUP!

I just dont like looking at some of the hilts that comes out of there and how they do not look like a lightsaber. All these angled rings and floating emitters.

Honestly the last saber that ry made that I liked was this one.

http://randomsabers.com/saber.php?name=Beskad

And even then its a slightly altered of one of jaina's sabers.

http://randomsabers.com/saber.php?name=jaina

I would rather make something thats based on what looked like it would be in the films, I am just an OT saber nut so iam gonna make something sudo obi(ANH)/luke(rotj) with some of my own differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    I just dont like looking at some of the hilts that comes out of there and how they do not look like a lightsaber. All these angled rings and floating emitters.

Honestly the last saber that ry made that I liked was this one.

http://randomsabers.com/saber.php?name=Beskad

And even then its a slightly altered of one of jaina's sabers.

http://randomsabers.com/saber.php?name=jaina

I would rather make something thats based on what looked like it would be in the films, I am just an OT saber nut so iam gonna make something sudo obi(ANH)/luke(rotj) with some of my own differences.
    yeah i'm so bias i've got what i wanted Hasid Lafre. Though it's not what i originally envisioned when i was 5 but whatever i love it. It's got my Luke ROTJ stuff i love but yeah. Love it and on the work of learning to cut sink tubes hahaha
    ...YUP!

Ryan did make one that I thought was very cool, and so far, I haven't seen a saber done that is like it at all:

And, yes, I own it. It was actually my first machined aluminum hilt with electronics. Look for an update on some recent work on this one soon, in the thread I had for it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.