Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: K2 to MR BOARD?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You can replace the slider. Just make sure the pushbutton is latching.

I haven't ever used a power Xtender, so I can't help ya there.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I measured the output of the board and it's right in the range that will trigger the xtender... so from the other that tried it and that it SHOULD work.

I ordered three today with some drivers so I'll confirm whenever they arrive. If it does I'll be using them for sure.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default Xtender?

Hey x-Wing just a silly question, what is an Xtender? I have not heard of this yet.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's an add-on device Erv made for his CF board that is meant to power more auxillary LEDs than is possible with the main board alone. Essentially it's almost a relay. I'm hoping it will work as it will probably be more reliable than the traditional relays.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I have completed the saber with little trouble, thanks for all the help guys. It still retains all the sounds when using the latching switch wired in place of the slide, though the K2 isn't being driven properly so it's kinda dull, but oh well its for my brother so I care not.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

I would be interested in knowing how well the xtender works as far as maxing an LED off of a driver that isn't giving it what it wants... After you try it, keep us posted Xwing
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by strengthofrage View Post
    I would be interested in knowing how well the xtender works as far as maxing an LED off of a driver that isn't giving it what it wants... After you try it, keep us posted Xwing
    The extender acts like a relay for the CF board. It lets you directly tap the batteries to drive the extra LEDs.

So with an MR I'm hoping it'll trigger like a relay and then we could properly drive it or resistor the K2/whatever.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Don't really care for K2s to much, just because they are hard to solder lol. But good information. It helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Yup. A solder bridge is when two contact points are bridged with solder. That is very BAD
    ok i know its a bit off topic but its something that ive been thinking of.

If your doing a Lux conversion would it be ok to bridge the pins?
    because like and inch down the road your joining the wires? i mean as long as the 2 that join the other part of the led and sensor don't bridge to the rest it should be ok no?
    My dog's a better Jedi than your dog

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Bridge away if you want to. It will work fine.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!