Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: K2 to MR BOARD?

Post K2 to MR BOARD?

I am sure that somewhere in the forums this has been posted SEVERAL TIMES. But if thats true it should probably be stickied any how, and I tried the search engine several times but it seems it can't read things like K2, LUXIII, LUXV, etc. It is abbreviation challenged. So anyway, I wanted to know if someone had information on how to wire a K2 Kit (white, 4AAA battery pack) to a MR Board (Maul Specifically) with the least amount of difference possible from the LUX3 Conversion (as in similar to the wiring of the LUX3 conversion), or if I need a extra part what should I get??? This is for my little brothers lightsaber. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Dandura

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You don't have to do a darn thing different if you don't care that it's not being maxed. It's hardly brighter that way, but it's not different.

Otherwise you need to use a relay or something like Erv's extender to get things to the max.

Honestly it's a waste though... get a Seoul or Cree (maybe even the new tffc K2) and that'll do loads better without needin anything special.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Thanks Xwing, although its a bit too late as a already purchased the parts, but as I said it's for my little brother so it matters not if it's not as bright, I just remembered actually that the K2's are low voltage like the LUX3's...Doh!

Question Soundboard wiring question

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2210/...3809be.jpg?v=0

This is all I recieved, they are both like this. How can I take this appart to wire it to my K2 and how would I do that? Thnx

you'll have to get the board out the plastic casing which, if it's anything like the vader board, will be a little bit of a pain when you try to get the pins out. the mr lux3 conversion tutorial aught to help you.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=1024

I do not have this female connector from the blade, as I have no blade, but I do have the clash sensor. This is what I am talking about...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...onv/maul20.jpg

Would i be able to just solder wire leads directly from the male plugs in the same order/fashion as the wires coming from the female connector to the blade. What i mean is to create the same wiring pattern directly on the male plug. would that work? And if so what gauge of wire would you guys recommend?

Here is what I am referring to when i say male plug/connector...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...onv/maul21.jpg

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You can do that. You need to be careful not to get any bridges, but it has been done.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Alright thanks maul, by bridges you of course mean that the solder on each plug should not touch the solder on the other plugs correct?
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yup. A solder bridge is when two contact points are bridged with solder. That is very BAD
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I can replace the slide switch with my Push on/off switch correct? And I'm using a K2 so I should get a power Xtender to properly power it off the MR right?
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.