Thread: Ok, PLEASE don't flame me, but I have a question...

Default Ok, PLEASE don't flame me, but I have a question...

I'm gonna do the rest of my wiring tomorrow and was hoping one of the vets might walk me though. I've got the lux 3 soldered to a quick connector and was planning on using a 1000ma puck as a driver and a force action vader sound board. Problem is, I can't seem to find a diagram or instructions on how to wire it using a puck. All I find is references on using the board as a driver, but I thought it would cause the lux 3 reds to be under driven. I don't care about the flash right now, because I'll probably add corbin's driver when I get the extra scratch. I've got Tim's 4aaa holder with speaker, MOM switch from kit, 1000ma puck, and vader sound board. I think I know how I'm gonna wire it, but would like your input before I do it permanently. What I can't find an answer to is where to put the puck. My Idea was wire battery to sound, switch to sound switch connetion, power in from puck to sound, led out from puck to lux3. Will that work? If not, what am I doing wrong?

BTW, the vader sound I have has the sensor on the board.
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

When most people use a buckpuck in conjunction with a Hasbro sound board, they run two different cicuits using a DPDT switch. your idea for wiring it maight work, I know it did for me when I used a Lux I with a micropuck in a pvc saber using an old Vader Hasbro board (2-C cell model from '97). I ran that one with two AA's, and the micropuck drove the Lux I to be almost as bright as a Lux III.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'm gonna try to wire it up with just twist connections before trying to solder, just to make sure. It will probably be later tomorrow before I get to work on it - I have to drive to a neighboring town to have a machine shop to do my switch hole - Tim couldn't do it this time - but I'll let you know if it works. Any other input or suggestions are very welcome.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

He has the 1000ma buck puck wired to the board. How is the buck puck able to supply a full 1000ma in this case, or would it? I didn't think the board put out that much.

I have seen this recommended a couple of times but I can't seem to get my head arround it.

Well, I figured it out. I have the battery wired to the board - the led outs wired to the puck power in - the puck led out to the lux 3. Just clipped off the 2 aux off wires and works perfect!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ