Page 13 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Snitz forums ranking...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That'd be pretty even then wouldn't it.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Great solution for 2.50 gas prices, buy a Chevy that uses the E85 Ethanol[^]

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

[quote]Originally posted by Firebird21

Hills waste gas! And gas ain't cheap up here.

About $2.50/gal right now/

And I don't want to start sending this topic off corse into Gas Price Land...

Since when did this thread really have a clear course????[]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

right now its 2.31 a gal. here on my neck-o-da-woods.
    i seen a news broadcast for someplace, didnt catch it, thats outlawing pure gasoline. sounds like we will be going back to the corn alcohol gas. that stuff tore up so many engines and stuff. the hoses on most cars, ie, fuel lines, carb components, and the like, are eaten up by that corn fuel gas. i knkow, a friend used it when they had it here once before, after 2 months, he had to replace the whole motor, and all the lines that had anything to do with fuel, in the car. they were totally eaten up.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Yep, I reckon the only clear course of this thread is to get that rating up.

hey we're throwing subjects around and talkin about it james.

Right on Lan, that's the what I'm talkin' 'bout[8D]

It has been an interesting thread for sure. I remember cars having problems with the Ethanol but I was thinkin' that was still when they had the lead in the gas. I know with the hybrids their making now that there shouldn't be a problem.

Wow it's late.

but that is the problem. how many people can afford to go get a new car, that runs that stuff? unless your someone like donald trump, you aint. so all us common folk will have to fry our engines and fuel systems on this crap. like i said, i remember when they tried this before, we had a couple stations actually try and sell that crap. and a personal friends car was fried cuz of that stuff. so i think, we should protest the auto makers into replacing everyones cars, free of charge with ones that will work with this crap. otherwise, i see lawsuits for the oil and gas companies in the future, for frying the cars we have. i know, i sure as heck will sue someone if it happens to my Saturn. its only 3 years old, and still like new. if it fries my car im sueing someones arse over it. you can take that to the bank.

I remember many years ago when then were selling gasoline blended with alcohol, it was when gas still had lead in it and the precentage of alcohol was was pretty low so it worked alright in fact my 429 big block Ford street racer loved the stuff. Every Friday I would stop at the local speed shop and pick up a bottle of octane booster for the weekend of racing, but that was a much simpler time.[]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

I guess I'll weigh in on this subject since we're just trying to up posts. When I was in college, my thermodynamics professor was smarter than any one human should be. In addition to his professorship he also worked for NASA Langley designing next generation space engines and turbines. Most all of his stories and tales he told in class took about 30 seconds and he was far over all our heads in the technical aspects but I do know that NASA and our government have had alternate fuel sources for years now more efficient and much cheaper to produce than oil based products.

I don't like to get into Government conspiracy type talks but there are a lot of Political and economic reasons behind the scene that I believe are perpetuating our dependence and addiction to Oil. I think most everyone realizes this at this point but we keep heading down the same old path. It's sort of like Star Wars and the Sith, you know the evil is there but it's just a shadow.

Tiberius