Page 223 of 241 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2403

Thread: Snitz forums ranking...

Novastar I kinda of know what you mean, there are definitely devisions amoungst the Star Wars Fans, eventhough I have friends in both the 501st and Rebel Legion, we were at a big SW MultiClub BBQ last Saturday and there was this one 501st member that had a problem with the LA Jedi and kept telling me that I better becareful and not taught the Light Saber by the wrong people, I mean isn't this supposed to be about having fun with your fellow Jedi.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Well from what I can tell many of the 501st dont care much for anything other than "evil side" costuming.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, considering that the 501st has all the "bad guy" costumes, no, they wouldn't.

Most of the Public think that the 501st is all the Star Wars costumers, they don't know about the Rebel Legion, who are the "good guys", so the 501st gets all the recognition. Plus, they've been around longer than the Rebel Legion. And let's face it, Storm Troopers and Darth Vader get a lot of attention. Most people don't care so much about Jedi or X-Wing pilots when there's a Vader around.

A lot of people have dual membership in both clubs though.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Um... J-Lo...

I believe the saying is "Lets face it."

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Dang, I shouldn't post before I've had my coffee in the morning. Especially when I haven't slept well the night before!

I can correct it, but I can't get rid of the evidence, because of your post.
    :P
    TCSS MODERATOR

I always thought it was "let's face it." It makes more sense to me, since "let's" would be a contraction for "let us." How does "lets" fit?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, FB made a mistake correcting my "less face it". I didn't even notice that! :P
    TCSS MODERATOR

Hmm... I didn't even think of "Let-Us".

I suppose that makes sense.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Wasn't sure if there was a disturbance in the force or just bad nachos, but I had to pipe in.

Dual member 501st and Rebel Legion here. Love both groups! And while there is no way I can speak for every member in both groups I have spent a good amount of time lately discussing costumes with members around my Garrison and Base.

I think the thing to remember is that it is about QUALITY! 501st and RL want top level chyt. If you are going to run around as a purple Jedi then folks are going to talk smack about ya. There is supposed to be a reason for movie accurate costumes. The 501st love awesome Rebel costumes, The Rebel Legion love awesome 501st costumes. Ain't nobody wanyin' to see ya run around in your PJ's with a Hasbro and be tryin' to jump in the parade.

And the general public gets excited about Vader, Maul, Stormtroopers, the Fetts, Chewie, and Han. Everyone else is "Hey you, can you come fill in?" or "Hey you, can you move so we can get in with Vader?" J-Lo is right on with that.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

I just noticed today that the AlpineGarrison posted the ammon days pictures. Here is the link
    http://alpinegarrison.com/garrison_entrance.php
    I am in a few pictures in the end of the set pages 7,8 and 9 if you want to check them out
    And i think James has it with the both sides appreciate well done costumes, regardless of affiliation... At least that was my observation.
    FSM What's on your belt?