Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: luke rotj saber

Default luke rotj saber

i'm thinking of building a luke rotj saber but i don't like how the emitter is thickened in the master replica versions is there someway that i could get a thin neck custom made or something?

i realize that it would be hard if not impossible to put electronics in a hilt with a narrow neck but just having the hilt would be ok with me

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The only person who has made an accuate thin necked Luxeon saber, is Luis Rojais (sp?). However, the emitter on his saber was extended over an inch, to make an adequate blade holder.

Parks makes thin necks too, but his blades are 3/4 inch and EL.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

If you don't want to pay that much on the EL sabers, buy there stunt sabers.

http://www.saberkit.com/stunt-sabers.html

i have ben thinking about this myself and the only problem i see is the blade

it can be done i myself would get the parks stunk kit and then figure out how to add LED to it

From what I have heard the ID of the stunt sabers on saberkit.com are about 3/4" all the way through. I don't think that you could put any electronics in it.

The Blade holders and necks sold here aren't too thick.
    Alderaan shot first.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by HK81 View Post
    Anyone seen this pic? I found it on the internet somewhere but I don't remember where.
    Does anybody know who it belongs to?
    Goodman

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7224

Thanks bro! I looked all over the forums but couldn't find it. That's the closest I've seen yet with the 1" blade on the LROTJ.
    The Old Republic

lets see, madcow has made a luke and a obi thin neck saber, Luke Skymarcher has a thin neck luke. It's not that hard I have plans to make one mysalef with hardware parts.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

It is possible.

The most efficient way that I can think of is to get a machinist to make a thin neck emitter that works with the MHS threads. Build it for a 3/4" blade. Then make the rest of the saber out of MHS parts - that's what I did for this...

MC