Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iain's latest saber

Thanks for the addresses. The adhesive lined stuff was just too expensive. I bought the regular stuff and the shipping was not too bad at all. I decided to buy 3' each of the stuff that shrinks to 1" and 1 1/2" That gives me enough to experiment with. Do I need a special heat gun or will a hair dryer suffice? Or perhaps I can just put the hilt in the oven...

Iain
    Just a guy with a lightsaber and some questions.

I use a heat gun when i use the stuff,which is basicly just a indurtrial hairdryer. so a regular hairdryer may work.dont know about the oven though.... good luck. let us know how you make out.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

another option to shrink it down is to boil it (obviously with out the electronics inside).

Metal expands when it heats up, when its cold it shrinks.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Do you read Hasid?

He is trying to shrink the Heatshrink. That shrinks when heated, as the name implies. Sliding it over the hilt and placing it in boiling water will shrink it.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

OH the heatshrink..

My bad thought they were talking about metals.Sorry been a long day. Been up sence 2am.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks guys. When the stuff arrives I'll keep you posted.

nice design, I like how you used varied parts so creatively, makes for a cool and unique saber.

I used a hairdryer on mine..worked fine..just took a bit
    There is to much "me" in this world. There needs to be more "we".

Completed now, my White Revan Saber for Jedi Con 2008:

I went for TCSS grips and white leather on the hilt. The top saber is my first saber attempt - a flashlight with TCSS parts and a brown leather wrap.

The bottom saber is one I made from a sink tube with the pommel and blade holder provided by TCSS (Many thanks!) Look for the switch in the pommel. The hilt is leather. The LED is white so the TCSS colored lenses can be fitted. I made it for this girl - Mohmoh from Germany, the Next Top Model of Coruscant.

For other pictures from Jedi Con please see http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...008/?start=all

Thanks to everyone at TCSS for your support and encouragement. I came first in the costume competition at Jedi Con with the saber complementing the White Revan costume perfectly.