Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Conversion Kit $$$??

Default Conversion Kit $$$??

How much will the MR conversion kits be?
    I need to know so I know how much $$$ I have to spend on an MR saber hilt.

Good question.
    I am going to need three of the kits myself.

I am also looking forward to the kits release. I have two sabers, have not decided on LED or EL yet. My 5 year old son is my dueling partner so I am afraid to use LED. He is lyable to blind him self or his older sister. Maybe I can work on a kill switch inside that will activate when the blade is removed. I think I can make it work? From what I understand the kits will be available in the near future.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vattoland

I am also looking forward to the kits release. I have two sabers, have not decided on LED or EL yet. My 5 year old son is my dueling partner so I am afraid to use LED. He is lyable to blind him self or his older sister. Maybe I can work on a kill switch inside that will activate when the blade is removed. I think I can make it work? From what I understand the kits will be available in the near future.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Couldn't you just use a regular button head screw for his saber.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Devilstar2k2

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vattoland

Couldn't you just use a regular button head screw for his saber.

I don't know what you mean? From what I understand, LED hilts can be harmful to eyes when they are turned on with out a blade. I have heard other people on this forum express the same concern regarding children and LED sabers. I have yet to hear of anyone installing something at the insert point of the blade that would terminate the connection to the LED. Some people may not like this because they like the idea of having a high-powered flashlight that looks like a saber

I believe it was implying the use of a regular style screw to hold your blade in so that it could not easily be removed by a child. Kid cant unscrew and kid cant go blind...

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Yup, thats what I meant...

Also, I've made one for my son from a MRFX blade, and I'm going to be painting the tip so that light can't escape from it (in case he tries to look down the end).

EDIT-

Tim,

I wanted to ask, what all will be included in the kits? Will it be the blade holder, lens holder, lens, and LED? Or is that stuff to be bought seperately?

Given any thought to pre-orders, by chance? I'll be needing an Ani, and a Vader, as well as 2 of your complete blades. It'd be awesome if I could just pay for it and get it off of my mind.

Yes, I'm obsessed with them... []

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I dont like to do pre-orders. While I am trying to get them done as fast as I can, I dont want the added pressure of allready having your money[] The kits will be the blade mount/led holder and any thumbscrews, regular screws, etc.. to mount it. The led and lens would be seperate. The kits will be around $30.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Why not have it include literally everything you'd need to convert the MR to LED?
    Maybe there could be a "complete kit" or something, which would include everything else.

hello guys, my first post sorry my english

really also to me is unclear what I need ... I mean (without offense) I see screw, tubes, electronic, no led prices... why dont simply put in your site something like:
    -total conversion kit for Anakin MR: $$$
    -total conversion kit for Vader MR: $$$
    ?
    the kit will includes ALL the pieces and finally no doubts for customers, to me it's unclear also if I must buy the sound module or not, because I can use the MR (or not?) ... HELP!!!!

btw Im thinking to convert an Anakin ROTS, a Vader ESB and a Mace "ROTS", but ... purple "native" (without filter) leds are available?

thanks!
    Gio