Thread: a quick question on CF 3.0

Default a quick question on CF 3.0

I am wiring up my saber today with CF 3.0 and just have a question for my fellow sabersmiths. Erv's instructions are actually quite good and very straightforward even for someone as inexperienced as myself. However, I am wiring my aux. switch and can't figure out where to wire the second pole on the switch. one goes to the board and the other goes where?

Here are some pics:

This is basically the last step in my first saber project, and any help is much appreciated!
    Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.

Miyamoto Musashi

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just like the main switch it goes to the negative power also.

Seeing the pics I'd suggest you get a higher guage wire. You have a lot of slack, that is exposed wire after the joint, and the wire is really thick. It looks like 16 guage or something. I try to use 22 for power wires and such, but often I use 26 for other stuff.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

so the other pole on the aux. switch goes directly on the joint that connects the on/off switch to the negative power? i tried that but when i pressed the aux. switch all it did was cut the power and played the "boot up" sound, then when i took my finger off the aux. button it powered back on. what did i do wrong?!?

p.s. thanks for the quick response x-wing!
    Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.

Miyamoto Musashi

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Oh easy... looks like your aux switch is a latching. Switch it to a momentary.

When it has power but isn't on that what happens when you "hold" the switch, it reboots.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

no... my aux. switch is momentary. i'm using a latching for the power on/off and a momentary for the aux. button, although they are identical to the eye. when i depress the aux. switch it plays the boot sound and when i let go it powers up as if it has just turned on. i also tried to hold it down on the boot up to go through the sound bank selection process and it doesn't work as it should.

Miyamoto Musashi

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

the way I did mine was one wire from each switch goes to board and other goes to neg of battery.

BLUE 3- Ready