Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Conversion Problems

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I just ordered one of Tim's diffusers <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My diffusers will not work in a stock MR blade. Also since this question keeps getting asked lately, My blades will not fit a stock MR blade holder without modifying one or the other.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I gotcha Tim, I'll be doing some sanding when I get your polyC blade in the mail.

Why won't your blades fit the stock MR Holder? Aren't they both 1 inch O.D? Just confused..

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

No..MR blades are slightly smaller than 1" OD.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

the stock mr blades are about 15/16" OD

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Ohhh That would cause a problem... I suppose a lil Sanding would be required... Not much though cause the Stock MR Blade is loose in the Stock MR Holder.. TY for the info!

youd really be better off using tims holder swap for the MR and use his blade.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I'm impatient... LOL The sandpaper is in my garage.. Tim's holders are not.. I'm sure to order some though when they come in.....

from those pics, it looks like the holder was further down on the hilt allowing the lux to light up throught the slots on the side of the hilt. cool. reminds me if my graflex, el, i made it with holder down in further and you see the blade glow through the glass eye. looks neat, and i had a dud from saberworks see it and he was impressed, especially when i told him it was a real graflex.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

yeah the MR Blade Holder was a little bit off and you can see one of the holes threw the S holes so what I did was got my drill and a screw driver basically made the two holes visible yes the LED is further down the Hilt I bought it from a seller on ebay his stuff works really good and decided to give it a try instead of waiting no offense Tim but I couldn't wait any longer. I had someone do a Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB for me because I think that Cyan Vader will be the last conversion I'll do for a long while.