Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Conversion Problems

Yeah that's what I did and the cost of that is I screwed up the pin but I am going to use Gorilla Glue and glue the sucker back together. I already got the Luxeon 3watt Star Cyan. My Vader will be Cyan when it's done.

as I understand it gorilla glue expands hella lot when it dries, so be prepared

Thanks Strydur!! I did it a lil different but know for next time.. I wish I knew before hand how long it was.. I ended up putting 2 holes next to it and pulling it out...

My last and final problem...
    The pin that goes in the bolt to hold the sides of the switch on/off switch together.. How do you put the pin back in?
    I've punctured 3 fingers and lost lots of blood and spend hours in a Bacta tank trying to get this back in and no luck.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!!

it is hard to get that little guy back in. you need to kinda push it in at an angle to get it in and do some pushing and wiggling on that side to get it the rest of the wat through. another option is to use something like the pins shown in this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/SMARTECH-TRUCK-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    they are really easy to get in without causing much damage, plus you can either leave the whole big thing on there to make it easy to take apart, or you could use a pair of side-cuts to snip the extra stuff off. this is what i did and it worked perfectly.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Alright after getting it all down to it I would like to close this topic for the fact that I have fianlly completely my Darth Vader Cyan Blue. I wanted something different but Tim Already beat me to it [!] lol. Anyways It looks great here are some before and after pictures. I hope someone will fix the pictures for me and to those that have helped me out on this thanks I appericate it some things take time and patience and with converting FX lightsaber they take time to do. I hope some one will fix my pictures. Laterz

Before I converted my Darth Vader FX Lightsaber

After the Conversion now it's a Cyan Darth Vader FX

Thanks Xwing for your help with posting pics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm good at fixing.[] You copied the html option. Use the tag option but replace the <> with []

to

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Suit you are right about it bein tricky... I think I put more holes in my fnger and used more band aids than I did in an hour than I did in a year at a paper company... Anyways.. I got it in.. I used some real small needled nose locking pliers to hold the pin and then got it in place... By the way.. I am typing with 6 out of 10 fingers..
    Though I am glad to see I'm not the only one with the light coming out of the pin hole in the hilt.. LOL

Nice looking blade!! What diffuser did you use?

Less talk, more action........

I used the stock one. I just ordered one of Tim's diffusers because getting feedback from others his are much better than the ones that come in the stock FX. Also I bought the 3watt Luxeon online from Ebay and it works really good. Thanks for the comment it's my first converted Lightsaber. This baby just had a test run today and it gotten beaten down really good and it still just as bright and sturdy as when I first put in the 3watt Cyan Star.

I'll be all set once I can get some thumb screws like the original to hold the blade down.. I think I may make a new blade for it though and sell it.. I want to do a Windu conversion and figure whatever lil bit I make off selling mine I can apply to my Windu with Amber.. After my fingers heal from the abuse I gave them I am converting my brothers Anakin.. Since he's cheap I only get money for the parts from him..
    But I'm not looking to make a profit.. The feeling of doing these is all the pay off I need.. My sister wants one to.. A yoda size one.. She's 13 lol!