Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Conversion Problems

when i say this doesn't fit in the hilt, i mean it doesn't even go inside cuz its too big for da pipe.

I hate Murphy's Law[]

Now that there is well said.[]

If you can't even get her in like the first cm or so then I reckon you may want to email Tim directly. He is pretty good on keeping up with the boards but the direct approach is always best.
    I remember mine was an iron-clad bear to get in it was so tight but I was able to get the first 1/8th inch or so in there so I knew she waas going in, but after reading this whole section I really got an understanding that the sanding had to be done. I thought I did a decent job but I know I missed a spot because there is a line all the way down the holder under the holes in the hilt.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

how well does oil help and is it a good idea to be using it?

Help me OB Wayne, you're my only hope.

I am a firm believer in a little oil when working with metal. Just like your engine, metal against metal is friction and the proper oil is a lube so that the friction is reduced. Motor oils are way to heavy for this application but a nice gun oil like REM-OIL or Breakfree is wonderful stuff. The important thing is to not over do it then ya just have a mess. For a tight blade holder I use say 3 small drops and use a gun cloth to rub it around, it should be coated but not overly wet.

I still think the BFH=9000 is the best option!

And please video tape it![]

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Heck Yeah! when Tim get's those bad boys in stock I am going to pick one up, and make a video tutorial with it starting with the Vader conversion. Next will be when you picked up a sink pipe from your local store to build a hilt waiting for Tim's blade holder to come in only to find out that ya got the heavier guage pipe and that puppy don't wanna go, it's REALLY time to break that bad boy out.

I've read that most of the people who have tried the Vader conversions - the holder is too big for the hit. Gotta sand inside the hilt, and also the blade holder - will take a while but do a bit at a time then test it and so on. Also, don't use tape to attacht he holer to the electronics housing - use hot glue.

Less talk, more action........

I use a different lense holder... My lense snaps in place in them.. []

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. =0)~

On the mhs holder I have no problem with the optic holder snaping in place but on the vader kit I had to do some dremel work to make it work no big deal

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

yep protein thats right! lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...