Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Conversion Problems

Default Darth Vader Conversion Problems

Hi there yeah I'm back again this time I'll get to the main point. I can't seem to get the small pin out so I can remove the big pin and continue on with the conversion. I'm having so much trouble getting it out I tried just about everything I can really think of. I ended up cutting the side of my hand trying to get the pin out. Can anyone help? Anything is helpful at this point since the switch is now badly scratched. I minus well buy myself a new Darth Vader ESB buy the time I'm done converting this one. Here is a picture to describe my problem.

I offer no help, but i'll fix the pics for ya.

boy, ya really did scratch that up some. im not real sure, but maybe take a small hammer, like a ballpean, and try tapping it out. might need a small drift punch to drive it all way out. tim or ultra might have a better idea on this than me. i havent had the nerve to try it on mine yet. thats why i built a heiland vader lux instead.

maybe someday i will.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

i just grabbed the pin with a pair of needle-nose pliers and it came right out.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

This should fix those scratches right up, its what I use on my paintball guns... Works everytime... []

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

I just sanded the paint off mine. it looks good silver too, and by sanding it, you can even repaint it. []

Thanks I appericate it everyone. Tim told me for one person to push the big pin while another person pulls at the same time. It worked but in return my switch is a mess. I think I'll take the idea of repainting it. Once again thanks everyone for your help I got the whole thing taken apart. I don't know if I want to put it back together since it's damaged and the hilt is damaged but still I can just buy one off ebay cheap and convert that one while use this one for spare parts you never know if they might come in handy.

Just convert this one, and beat the living hell out of it... Then, buy a NIB one for just for display.

Thats my 2 cents... []

EDIT-

BTW, I've always thought that the Vader would look awesome in green, or amber. Just something for you to think about. Good luck with it.

Ok here's my problem.... How do you get the small pin out of the blade without breaking the blade?? I am stuck here,, Someone please help me here.. Thanks!!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

push it into the blade until it clears the outer PolyC

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop