Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Conversion Problems

let me get this straight, you want me to video tape my epic struggle for your amusement?! that's evil! I'll see what i can do.[]

Help me OB Wayne, you're my only hope.

Just a thought for those who have done the vader conversion how long did it take you? I spent three hours to make it all fit together.

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

Took me bout that. I would say 1 hour for disasembly, a few weeks for parts to become available. Then bout 2 hours to put it all back together. Then less than 2 seconds for my three year old to steal it from me. heh.

The damn thing took me 8 hours to finish. Phantom Menace was on TV that night. I was converting it for my brother, and I missed out on it while the family watched it lol []

Less talk, more action........

my first and only one so far, took me 4 hours. i had a printout of the tutorial in front of me whilst i did it.

[img][/img]

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Some take me about 2.5 hours and some take me about 3.0 hours.. Alot depends on that stupid pin in the switch bolt. That and it depends on how much I'm drinking while I do it.. A lil Country music, a lil beer and a few hours in the garage..

A Master Replica Lightsaber: $80.00
    Lense and Optics: $10.53
    Essential Accessories for Conversion: $10.00
    Shipping: $20.00

The feeling from slicing down your former master with your newly constructed lightsaber: Priceless

There's somethings Money can't buy
    For everything else there's Master Card
    [] [}]

Link to my favorite Priceless commercial
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5864097001633806354

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. =0)~

I worked on mine over the course of several days but I reckon if you total up the time it was about 3.5 to 4 hours. I must have got lucky with the pin or something because I had the hilt disasembled in 10-15 mins. The most time consuming thing for me was sanding, fitting the thing back together and to figure out a way to get the holes lined up when I missed the first time.

Don't miss the first time!

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

ya got that right james. i had mine apart in around 20 minutes. took longer to get back together, with the sandin and all. just like you.i had more trouble gettin that pin restarted back in there. and only made a couple tiny marks in the black paint. i need to rig a jig up like tim did. that would help alot. maybe tim could whip out some of them to sell for the convertions. hint.

[img][/img]

Perhaps the tool could be made up for sale.. Something for the wish list... I just tape up the black pieces with painters tape... Yes though getting the pin back in is the hardest part of it though.. I'm happy just to get it in one hole..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Yes though getting the pin back in is the hardest part of it though.. I'm happy just to get it in one hole..

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

now thats a picture i didnt need stuck in my mind, lol

[img][/img]