Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Force action/Corbin's Board

Got 2 momentary switches. Thats good because now I can plan where they should go on the hilt.

Well looks like the basements going to noisy tonight with the dremel, the heater knocking off the circuit breaker, my cursing when it happensetc. etc. etc.

Man that basement get cold...but it is my domain

***WARNING*** Possible nOObsauce question...

I also have this Vader Hasbro board waiting to go into a hilt and was planning on pairing it with the TCSS driver. I know it will require 2 momentary switches but I am confused about Lord Mauls post about a DPDT switch... I haven't seen one that is momentary... I want to make sure I get the right switch for mine but I was only going to use a regular momentary. I haven't used anything but a buckpuck so far so the driver is new to me. I understand why you would use a DPDT switch but didn't know you needed it with the momentary version of the driver... Is that right and is there DPDT momentary?
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The hasbro sound card is a momentary board.

Corbin's driver comes in momentary and latching. If you were to get the latching version, it would be on only as long as you held the button down. The momentary version would work like the Hasbro board, staying on after one push of the button.

There are DPDT momentaries out on the market. Easiest to find are the tactile switches.

Did that answer your questions?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Yep, thanks Maul. So there are momentary DPDT switches and you do need one for the momentary Corbin board to separate the circuit from the Hasbro circuit and turn them both on at the same time.

...Now I just need to go find one!

Thanks again LM
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

you don't need a DPDT switch. You can happily run both the corbin board and the hasbroboard from the same SPST swith (momentary) you'll need a second SPST monentary switch for the lockup, but the board does not have a lockup sound, so..... I have wired the lockup on the corbin board to the clash sensor on the hasbro board. Its a much better version of Flash on clash.

BTW for simplicity to any one buying these hasbro sabers just to get the board, they're all the same. Get the obi-wan, its easier to get the board and speaker out. Applies to the Force Action Lightsabers.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

I can hook up my second button to the board so when I press it it will run the clash sound continuously correct?

Another question: How many batteries do I need to power this puppy. I have heard 4 -5 AA. Going to run Corbins board, the DV force action board with a 3W red and 2 momentaries.

I origially posted a pic but didn't finish it because I was confused on where to hook up the second switch on corbins board and the number of batteries needed. If someone could shed some light on this or help me on the pic I would apprciate it because I also need to make a custome battery pack to fit inside the hilt I'm building.

DN

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Navel View Post
    I can hook up my second button to the board so when I press it it will run the clash sound continuously correct?

Another question: How many batteries do I need to power this puppy. I have heard 4 -5 AA. Going to run Corbins board, the DV force action board with a 3W red and 2 momentaries.

I origially posted a pic but didn't finish it because I was confused on where to hook up the second switch on corbins board and the number of batteries needed. If someone could shed some light on this or help me on the pic I would apprciate it because I also need to make a custome battery pack to fit inside the hilt I'm building.

DN
    No the clash sound is programed into the board and is a fixed length. If you hold the clash buttin down it will repeat the sound, but it sounds pretty dumb.

I have used 4 AA setup and a 4 AAA set up the only diference between those is hte runtime.
    Also, I would not use 5 cell setup, you will be overdriving the soundboard.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

DF,

Other than the obvious of getting the blade extend/retract from corbins board what will you achieve? When you hooked up the clash sensor to corbins board what was the end result other that getting rid of the annoying flashing that comes with the hasbro board?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

In addition to the extend/retract effect, you get a clash and lockup effect. By holding down the second switch, the blade will shimmer like it is hitting another blade.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Forgot one more thing...The 4 battery seup is with the corbin and hasbro board correct? What if I don't use corbins board right now...should I limit it to 3 batteries???