Thread: 2007b vader sound with 5 watt lux

Default 2007b vader sound with 5 watt lux

helllo all
    im hoping to use my 2007 vader anh board to drive my blue lux 5. is this possible? its the 3 aa battery pack. right now im running my 5 watt with a 9v and resistor but i hate having no sound. also , would it be possible to run the mr board of a 9v. im assuming it would fry but im not too good with the electrical stuff yet lol. any help would be much appreciated here. im done my mhs and all i need is some sound. help!!!! any wiring diagrams would be awesome as well. thanks soooooo much
    Suman Das

Quote Originally Posted by Suman Das View Post
    helllo all
    im hoping to use my 2007 vader anh board to drive my blue lux 5. is this possible? its the 3 aa battery pack. right now im running my 5 watt with a 9v and resistor but i hate having no sound. also , would it be possible to run the mr board of a 9v. im assuming it would fry but im not too good with the electrical stuff yet lol. any help would be much appreciated here. im done my mhs and all i need is some sound. help!!!! any wiring diagrams would be awesome as well. thanks soooooo much
    Suman Das
    Pretty sure it will fry with 9 volts. But you couls run separate powersources for Lux and Soundboard and control them on two separate circuits with one DPDT switch. Or of you ran a 6 AA/AAA battery pack, you could find the post that runs at 4.5 volts instead of the full 9. Then run the full 9 for the lux and resistor/puck/driver it. Just a thought. Either way you will need a DPDT switch to control the two circuits with different voltages.

BTW does the 2007 Vader have more then one Clash sound? My 2005 Vader has just the one.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

9V will fry a MR board. Around 6 is the limit.

Unless you have two circuits, no, you can not drive a 5 watter off a MR board.

The '07 Vader MR has the same sounds as the '05.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

lux5 of a resistor, DPDT switch, 5V regulator thats heatsinked, 7.4V battery pack, and a vader sound card wired up the to 5V regulator.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    9V will fry a MR board. Around 6 is the limit.

Unless you have two circuits, no, you can not drive a 5 watter off a MR board.

The '07 Vader MR has the same sounds as the '05.
    Thanks Maul.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Ok thank you so much for posting this thread because for my next saber I wanted to use a MR sound board with a Lux. V. So I won't be doing that.