Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excitement got the best of me...

Default Excitement got the best of me...

Hello,

I may have a stupid question but we all learn from our mistakes. When I got my TCSS package i opened everything up and forgot how he heat sink slide into the sink holder tube. The style I have looks different from the tutorials.

Now I code software and web sites for a living so i tried to use some my ingenuity to reassemble everything. I think I have gotten it right but I wanted to confirm with you guys before I assembled everything.

See image:

Now my question is (yes it may be foolish seeing the way things should be assembled) but the LED, Heat sink all go in the long end side, correct? I know it seem obvious but there are a bunch of screw holes on the short end side I am assuming are to be used to hold the blade holder in my tube?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LOL, just when you think you have it right. I had everything backwards, including the way the lens is installed. Just took a bit of customizing to get everything in the correct way. I found this tutorial

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...pic.php?t=2741

some of the parts weren't fitting together correctly and I was afraid to break them putting everything together with my big monkey hands. After seeing the above tutorial and the side shots it all made sense.

I will post a picture to make sure I did it right. I would hate to burn down my house or something Oh and no, none of my coding skills helped me this time!! HAHAHA

See Image:

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

much better this time.

BLUE 3- Ready

lol, i have yet to build my first saber because i have not yet ordered the parts...but i really hope i dont get stuck when it comes down to wiring all that stuff up.. i think i have it down just by looking at a few pics, i hope im not awakened rudely lol...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

first lux saber i made, got it all wired up, spent an hour before i realized i'd wired the led backwards

Beauty of that is... wiring an LED backwards does not "kill" it. Diodes are great that way...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

HAHA yea thats a great thing that they dont blow out. it would be a shame to waste 9 bucks on one and have it torched for a simple and what would seem to be innocent error.

its not suprising when you think of the primary pourpose of a diode...to allow electricity to flow in only one dirction. if wired backwards voltage can not enter the diode

hahaha i never thought of it that way...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

it was great that I didn't blow the LED. I just wish it hadn't taken me an HOUR to figure out I had n00bed it. This is on top of the hour it took me to find a 1.25 sink tube to fit the blade holder.
    Was during the constrution of prot01