Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Costume color

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Some day I'd love to do a Jedi costume in shades of dark green with fine chain mail and silver accents. Imagine if the Elves from LOTR joined the Jedi Order and you would be close to what I have in mind.

Of course, I'd have to make a saber to fit with the theme.
    Now that sounds cool! I say go for it, I'd do it if I had the skill and patience.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Some day I'd love to do a Jedi costume in shades of dark green with fine chain mail and silver accents. Imagine if the Elves from LOTR joined the Jedi Order and you would be close to what I have in mind.

Of course, I'd have to make a saber to fit with the theme.
    Great idea Obi-Dar, it reminds me of the jedi armor from KOTOR. what about chainmaille tabbards?
    If anyone is interested in doing some chainmaille I recommend checking out www.cgmaille.com

I use Cordovan colored boots myself. They go well with the dark brown robes and match my belt. I did a special dye job on the boots and added some buckskin to the boots to create some golden undertones to match my belt. The entire effect is nice.
    Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

Jedi Ranger, your costume is greaT! I love the bracers & boots, they go great with the outfit, especially the trim.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Obi-dar, I like your idea. If you want really fine stuff, look at this:Chain Mail Sheet I don't know if it's the same stuff, but I know they used the mail used in butcher's gloves for Frodo's mithril coat. I also like the idea of using green; reminded me of Corran Horn in I, Jedi. Personally I'd like to see what a jedi costume would look like with red. (you can get a bit of an idea by looking at my sig, where I'm using parts from my Dunedain Ranger costume)

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.