Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Costume color

Default Costume color

Hello,

I wanted to get some opinions on the jedi costume colors. I was thinking that if I went with the lighter baige tunic and tabards I could do black pants and boots. This way the boots and pants could also be worn (boots are one of the more expensive pieces I see) with a sith costume if I ever chose to make one. Do you think black boots could be worn in a jedi costume?
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I'd say buy black boots, but brown pants if you can manage, if you go with a beige tunic you'll want to minimize clashing, then again anikin wore dark brown and black leather as a Jedi.

Anakin's tabbards were not black, but a very dark brown.

It has been stated that the Jedi clothes are always a shade of brown.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

It's always been stated, yes, but look at Luke Skywalker. He wore all black most of the time. Unless you are in a Jedi group who enforces color codes, go with the black boots. I did a costume that had brown pants and black boots with a black belt and I thought it looked awesome. Just add some black accents to the costume and you will be good to go.

I agree with chase. Go with the black boots. Black pants could work (Thats what I did for my costume at C4 http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...N/IMG_1342.jpg), but if not, maybe dark brown.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

That is exactly what I was picturing 37H4N! Thanks for posting that, I think the black boots will work out good as I think after I do a jedi costume a sith version wouldn't be too far behind.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Go for it, but if you had black boots I think brown pants are a must.
    "Once you accept it, the dark side is with you forever."
    ―Freedon Nadd to Exar Kun

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Some day I'd love to do a Jedi costume in shades of dark green with fine chain mail and silver accents. Imagine if the Elves from LOTR joined the Jedi Order and you would be close to what I have in mind.

Of course, I'd have to make a saber to fit with the theme.

No problem strength, your welcome!

Obi-Dar: Thats a cool idea. I like jedi costumes with various types of armor intergrated into it. One costume idea I stuck with for a while, had leather bracers.

I should start designing a costume again.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Here is a (mostly) up-to-date image of my "traditional"-colours Jedi outfit. Since this pic was taken, I added trim more green trim to the inside edges of the tabbards, as seen on the outside edges. My bracers were purchased online and have stainless steel plates on them. I hand-made my greaves, and they too use (thick) stainless steel plates. I ended up making them myself, as I could not find anything I liked online, and to get them custom-made would have been too $$$.

My non-traditional has a base of black pants and shirt, with blue tabbards and matching blue obi belt; no actual tunic. I wore the blue one at C4, as my newest traditional-coloured version wasn't even close to being finished back then.

This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.