Thread: thin neck section

Default thin neck section

Just wondering about this new part... is it threaded on both ends or is it set up like an emitter with only threads on the male side?

Yes, it has male threads on one side and female on the other.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Default Thin neck plus LED Heat Sink

Can you attach the think neck section to an LED blade holder and still fit the LED and heat sink inside?
    Just a guy with a lightsaber and some questions.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yep, that's what it's for. The heat sink sits in the female end of it, just like any other MHS section.

Here's a picture of mine:

Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 01-19-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Hi guys
    Yeah, there's even room for the wires to sneak past the heatsink and down through the neck. There's not a TON of room, but it was designed to allow everything to fit together with the least amount of external bulk possible. I like the feel of them.

Corbin

Talking

I've been after tim to make a piece like that for a while now. Glad to see he finaly did.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

A quick disconnect will fit through the center of it too. I found it much easier to just feed that up through the neck from the hilt, screw the neck on, then snap the LED in, rather than soldering straight wires to the LED then trying to feed the wires down into the hilt and trying to connect it to the switch after.

Hope that made sense.

I have a thin neck it just came to day with the rest of my parts. really like the feel of them. will be great with Erv's CF v3.0. can't wait. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by goldsaberwarrior View Post
    I've been after tim to make a piece like that for a while now. Glad to see he finaly did.

Me too. That thin neck section was actually one of the first pieces I designed when I came on board with TCSS a year ago. There were some problems with the original manufacturer, so it took a while to get the product up to the quality TCSS requires before it would ship it out. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I have a few of the original pieces, and even though they had a few dings in them, they work great. I'm going to eventually make a matched pair of MHS sabers with them.

Corbin