Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force FX Contruction Kit?

Default Force FX Contruction Kit?

Does anybody have one of these? I saw that they are like fifty bucks and it looks like a sweet deal, I just wonder how much modding they will need to be duelable.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

they pretty much come duelable, so long as you don't go too hard on them, they have a luxeon style setup with a prolight LED, and a thinwalled blade.

also look before you post!

yeah i've tried countless times to use the new search engine on the forums Savyas, but since it's been upgraded I have had trouble using the search engine, it won't take abbreviations, like LED, LUX V, etc. Not for me at least. Thnx for the info though guys thats great to know.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

my apologies for being harsh. I too have tried and failed to use search recently.. however, I personally have been very closely following the FX construction set threads, so I was momentarily deluded into thinking everyone else had been.

I hope that the links I provided helped at least. And I'll admit, I searched for "savyas" to find those threads :\

Yeah they did help, actually if you click you name on the forum you get the option of checking all threads you posted on. Don't worry about it either, I'm actually surprised nobodies burnt me for "not searching hard enough" yet really! so kudos for being the first lol.

Default Got Two

I was in Radios shack the other day hunting for some switches and I ran across these. I knew they were out there...but I had a weak moment.

The first one I opened up and took pics along the way.....the second is still intact and waiting for me to decide what to do with it.

First, typical clunky toy saber......blade is way dim unless in total dark.

This is the hilt without the plastic stuff....the inner sleeve is alminum

Innards.....uses a 3 position slider to select between red, blue and green. Intersetingly enough...the sound files change for colors. Blue and green are nearly the same with a moderate difference in the swing and clash. Red is SITHYISH...

The speaker and battery holder are one unit.....kinda cool.

and

The board and witing pigtails

And the LED
    Last edited by BlackDOG; 03-12-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    J.
    TK/TB/ID 8286
    501st Pathfinders Lancer
    Carolina Garrison- 501st Legion
    Blue Ridge Base- Rebel Legion
    BlackDOG across the SW forums galaxy......

What you can't see in the previous pics is that the led leads come off a six wire connector and also run to the clash sensor.....

now..........suggestions on wiring to a LUXEON?

BTW I fried something on the first board trying to measure the current......It has been a long time since I did anything other than solder a connector..........AND I think I shorted something or I tested the current by touching the probes to positve and negative output on the wiring plug and not in series with a "hole" or load (the LED) in the loop....meter read for a sec...went to 1------ and then "magic smoke" as Maul called it, I believe,....Sound works fine, only no power to the LED.

I'm gonna test the other one for current and such, but need input on how to avoid magic smoke.......

BTW 3 AA batteries is the input.

Last edited by BlackDOG; 03-12-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    J.
    TK/TB/ID 8286
    501st Pathfinders Lancer

Black dog , you could have avoided the blue smoke if you had read the 2 threads that Savyas linked at the begining of this thread. you would have also seen the breakdown that Ghostbat did back in september last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm on Fire View Post
    Black dog , you could have avoided the blue smoke if you had read the 2 threads that Savyas linked at the begining of this thread. you would have also seen the breakdown that Ghostbat did back in september last year.
    WELL YEAH....missed his post.... funny how I did that...OH WELL......
    J.
    TK/TB/ID 8286
    501st Pathfinders Lancer