Thread: Obi saber conversion

Default Obi saber conversion

i found most of the information on the conversion of FX obi saber to be quite helpful.
    i also found that when they said push out and it tough, wow, they werent foolin. Here is how i ended up doing them...i had to do 4, three as gifts and one for myself. after pounding two of them for hours.....

after removing the battery, i took a dremel sander to top edge of the inside of the hilt to break away the coating on inside. then with a flat head screwdriver i loosened it from the hilt. then took a pare of needlenose and prided it out. then everything basically slid out much easier. its still snug when everything placed back in so not to worry about loosining it up too much.

Hope this helps the headache of the next person that trys to just push it out. my hands are still recouping from the pounding.
    Dont underestimate my power

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Wrong forum...

Oh, and
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Use more POWWA... even my fat asthmatic butt got it out in about five minutes. You can break the sleeve easily too.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

After Xwing advised that breaking the sleeve that surrounds the battery pack made no difference in the conversion, the guts and the blade just about fell out.

B.

ha, i just jammed a fork inbetween the black plastic thing and the hilt wall, wiggled it around a bit and the thing just came out.
    "always up in my grill you get" -"yoda," Return of Pink Five
    "Dude the fat guy totally just blew up." -Stacy, Pink Five

Ahhhh the fork-- a great multi tool.

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Fork.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.